OR  

Halo wars

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

Halo wars

Postby iron spartan101 » February 20th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Halo Wars on Xbox 360 is a strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe. In campaign mode, Halo Wars players will command the armies of the UNSC warship Spirit of Fire, consisting of familiar and new UNSC units in its initial encounters against the Covenant, an alien coalition threatening to obliterate mankind. Halo Wars for Xbox 360 will immerse gamers in an early period of the storied Halo universe, allowing them to experience events leading up to the first Halo title for Xbox.

I am a very very big fan of the halo series and the next game is coming out very soon (27/02/2009) which is halo wars which is taking a big jump into the world of rts's , is there anyone else who is as big a fan of halo as i am.

PS. It is out in 7 days and i need to get the limited edition version which is £50 (£10 more than the normal version) sop has anyone got any suggestions to make some quick cash
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67
Characters: 1

Re: Halo wars

Postby Tom » February 20th, 2009, 11:34 pm

I've heard about this game a few times in the past, and I thought it was neat that Halo Wars was based around the events leading up to the first Halo game. I'll try to get it, if it ever comes out for the PC. Otherwise, I'll just watch gameplay videos and read reviews about it. :D
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby iron spartan101 » February 21st, 2009, 12:18 am

Tom wrote:I've heard about this game a few times in the past, and I thought it was neat that Halo Wars was based around the events leading up to the first Halo game. I'll try to get it, if it ever comes out for the PC. Otherwise, I'll just watch gameplay videos and read reviews about it. :D

it will come out on pc but it is coming out on 360 1st because they want to make a rts game that is meant for the 360 not one that has been adapted from a pc.
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Postby The Edgy Redguard » February 21st, 2009, 2:04 am

Downloaded the demo and can't wait. I'm in the few people that Has played Halo From CE - 3
Stephen Hawking: I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
The Edgy Redguard
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 88

Postby Xavier » February 21st, 2009, 4:30 am

i played a demo of it. It was pretty cool.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby iron spartan101 » February 21st, 2009, 12:13 pm

The Edgy Redguard wrote:Downloaded the demo and can't wait. I'm in the few people that Has played Halo From CE - 3

i Have found another proper halo player yay for edgy we are in the elite group of halo players.
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Postby Boulderheart » February 21st, 2009, 1:35 pm

Yeah i downloaded the demo (i have also played all the other halo games) andits isnpired me to buy it, but its being released a week before TOtal ar: Empire, so i will have to choose between them.
Boulderheart
Beggar

Forum Posts: 16

Postby Kestral » February 21st, 2009, 9:56 pm

Halo Wars is by one of the most skilled RTS teams of all time, Ensemble Studios.

It's a shame that their closing their doors once Halo Wars is released. I grew up with them.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The King » February 22nd, 2009, 8:50 pm

Kestral wrote:Halo Wars is by one of the most skilled RTS teams of all time, Ensemble Studios.

It's a shame that their closing their doors once Halo Wars is released. I grew up with them.

I heard tons of Indie gamer groups are shutting down too. Darn economy.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220

Postby Kestral » February 22nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

The King wrote:
Kestral wrote:Halo Wars is by one of the most skilled RTS teams of all time, Ensemble Studios.

I heard tons of Indie gamer groups are shutting down too. Darn economy.

I don't know if the company was suffering from loss of money, but what I heard is that it was either they saw a reason to disband, or Microsoft pulled them.

It might have something to do with the economy, but I never found out. (With Ensemble)
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Next

Return to General Gaming