OR  

Kids in ES 5

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Are kids essential in Elder Scrolls V?

No kids, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
16%
Kids, but they are essential
39%
Kids, they are not essential
45%

Total votes : 38

Re: Kids in ES 5

Postby The King » June 28th, 2009, 12:26 am

The Ninja wrote:Raven, A ninja throws the smoke bomb and runs off. And the cloud prevents the opponent to see which direction the ninja is heading. Hey, he could go up ^! That is the awsomeness of ninjas. And, since you guys are just sitting at your computers, you can't follow me through my smoke bomb since you aren't here! Even easier to escape...

But really, it's a joke. Chill...

If we can't even get you then what's the point of throwing the smoke bomb? :P :lol: :lol:

As for kids, the last thing I need is some winy brat in the Elder Scrolls. If there is kids, they better be killable, because I promise I'll slaughter every single one of those slimy little buggers. A tad violent? Eh. I'm just not a children person. I usually dislike anyone younger than me(exceptions to you Raven). Anyways, I voted option 1, as if my post wasn't evident enough.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » June 29th, 2009, 3:15 am

The King wrote:If we can't even get you then what's the point of throwing the smoke bomb? :P :lol: :lol:

...Cause they are awesome... (Happy now, Kestral?)

The King wrote:As for kids, the last thing I need is some winy brat in the Elder Scrolls. If there is kids, they better be killable, because I promise I'll slaughter every single one of those slimy little buggers. A tad violent? Eh. I'm just not a children person. I usually dislike anyone younger than me(exceptions to you Raven). Anyways, I voted option 1, as if my post wasn't evident enough.

Maybe they could have respectful ones (perhaps he could be an assosiate to you when he grows up for later missions!) and a quest where you get to beat up the brats/bullies (hand-to-hand, of course) to teach them a lesson.
Last edited by The Ninja on October 6th, 2009, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Cramps! » September 21st, 2009, 8:20 am

I think kids could be killed in the original fallout games. Same with Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale etc.

Being a kid myself, I would say no. I couldn't imagine a little dunmer kid running around, pickpocketing people.
Cramps!
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21

Postby Filia » September 22nd, 2009, 4:50 am

Tom wrote:
The Ninja wrote:And then there is the matter of toilets, but I'll save that for another day.

I think you mean outhouses. They didn't have toilets in medieval times, which is the sort of environment that the Elder Scrolls takes place in. ;)

Haha, yeah. Ever read Guide to Bravil? The river serves as the town's sewers. :shock:

Anyway, I don't see the problem with adding kids. Media Watchdogs, yadda yadda, but it'd be more realistic to add them and not make them magically immune.
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » September 22nd, 2009, 8:59 pm

Filia wrote:Haha, yeah. Ever read Guide to Bravil? The river serves as the town's sewers. :shock:

I've read that during a loading sequence, and yes, I thought that was quite disgusting. What makes it even more disgusting is that, to get to my house in Bravil, I usually fast travel to the front of the Bravil Castle and then jump off the bridge into the river and swim over to my house (because sometimes I just don't feel like walking all the way around to my house). That means I've been swimming in... well, yuck. :lol:
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Cramps! » September 22nd, 2009, 11:26 pm

Luckily Smellovision doesn't exist yet.
Cramps!
Beggar

Postby The Ninja » September 28th, 2009, 4:42 am

Tom wrote:
Filia wrote:Haha, yeah. Ever read Guide to Bravil? The river serves as the town's sewers. :shock:

I've read that during a loading sequence, and yes, I thought that was quite disgusting. What makes it even more disgusting is that, to get to my house in Bravil, I usually fast travel to the front of the Bravil Castle and then jump off the bridge into the river and swim over to my house (because sometimes I just don't feel like walking all the way around to my house). That means I've been swimming in... well, yuck. :lol:

Hey, they do it today! I see the sewer tubes all along beaches sometimes! That is nasty.
Last edited by The Ninja on October 6th, 2009, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Grayfox » October 4th, 2009, 3:49 am

(Joke) What if you could be a kid.

Like that one movie spy kids, you know, the one that the ten year olds watch.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

Postby Rainbow Cats » October 7th, 2009, 2:17 am

Kill dem kids!

Like Kestral (and another) said, if kids are added as essential, I'll find a mod to fix that. I think it'd be pretty interesting to be able to play as a child.. with maybe some slightly different quests. Age specific dialogue instead of just gender specific.
Rainbow Cats
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 4
Characters: 1

Postby Cramps! » October 7th, 2009, 2:29 pm

If you played as a child, wouldn't your hit points be uber low?
Cramps!
Beggar

PreviousNext

Return to Skyrim Discussion