OR  

Kids in ES 5

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Are kids essential in Elder Scrolls V?

No kids, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
16%
Kids, but they are essential
39%
Kids, they are not essential
45%

Total votes : 38

Re: Kids in ES 5

Postby The Ninja » October 7th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Cramps! wrote:If you played as a child, wouldn't your hit points be uber low?

Perhaps, but if you were a Warrior, then you would be more Agile. There should be cons and pros with this. Then it would be perfectly fine with me.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Kestral » October 8th, 2009, 12:08 am

You *technically* played as a child in Fallout 3; in the beginning at least. It seems that at the age of 10 you could actually do anything your adult self could do.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » October 8th, 2009, 1:03 am

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I only played the first few levels. Then I got out of the shelter and wandered a bit. But I had to leave the game to go home from my friend's house. And he probably wouldn't let me borrow it... :'(
Last edited by The Ninja on October 9th, 2009, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771

Postby Rainbow Cats » October 8th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Yes. There'd be other challenges as well, which I think could prove interesting to the experienced player.
Rainbow Cats
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 4
Characters: 1

Postby souro » June 16th, 2010, 4:19 am

i chose non essential kids, if one of those buggers try pickpocketing me there gonna get a knife in them, and that would be a waste of time if kids couldnt die. i also like the idea of playing as a kid, funny if there was a part of the theives guild where its all kids, the guild of urchans, the guild of theives in training, they definatly would be good at it. think of a guy that weighs 100 pounds sneaking into a house, now think of a 60 pound kid that is only about 4-5 feet tall, who would be better. the kid, by a landslide.

oh i can think of the stabbing event in my head right now

guard: you are under arrest!

me: but he stole from me! how come when i steal from someone you guys go sword crazy on me, but when HE does it and i go sword crazy on him i get arrested?

guard:its how i was programmed, now pay the fine or we'll have to haul you off!
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby Farcey » June 17th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Non-essential kids, but maybe put one or two essential kids only because they are part of a quest. Really I want them to be non-essential, as souro said, so that if they pickpocket me I am going to cut off one of their hands.
Awww I hate frost.

Farcey
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2

Postby souro » July 29th, 2010, 6:05 am

*fallout content* i took a trip to little lamplight, now i REALLY want kids to be non essential. they would be alot less cocky if they could die *fallout content*
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42

Postby cheesyrice » January 1st, 2011, 1:34 pm

just an idea but i think a cool idea would be non-essential kids but they respawn. That way you can kill them if you wish but without the creepy and wrongness of dead kiddies everywhere.
You bored in oblivion? Go to Dagail's room in the Leyawin mages guild. have you done it? Are you laughing yet? No? Then check behind the old nut-heads bed and trust me you will laugh.
cheesyrice
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby luxwing » January 3rd, 2011, 3:31 am

I guess kids would make it seem more realistic...but...

...I guess that would have to be delicately handled if at all. Sure, it would add to the world's immersion factor, but then there would be those people who always ruin everything for everyone.

Maybe they could pull them off if they were essential. Maybe.
luxwing
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 1

Postby Xavier » January 8th, 2011, 2:00 am

Well Fallout 3 has kids in their game, and it's made by the same people. Just make it so you can't kill them. Good solution.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Skyrim Discussion