OR  

You can live in the Surille house!

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

You can live in the Surille house!

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 16th, 2009, 3:35 pm

As you may or may not know, depending on whether or not you go on the official forums or have been paying attention to my posts here, me and my modded Ashlander tribe are fighting a guerrilla war in Cyrodiil. Sometimes, this gets a bit strange.

I tried to infiltrate the guard barracks in Skingrad with a handful of bodyguards (with Deadly Reflex installed - brilliant ways of assassinating people) and kill the guards before they woke up and started their morning rounds. But I knocked a sword from a table, and the guards woke. Grabbing the nearest cup, I whacked away at them, and killed a few before I ordered the retreat, and I fled into Davide Surille's house whilst the door was unlocked and it was legal to enter (otherwise I'd have gotten a bounty :D).

I killed him and his brother, and cast spells to lock the doors I could find. I dumped the gear I'd stolen in a few chests around the house, and retreated into the basement as the guards entered from the back of the house, locking the basement door behind me.

I was in the basement for days, planning my defence (I play as if I'm the commander of a realistic military campaign). When I finally decided to unlock the doors and let the guards in, I found that they'd been killed. I had accidentally left some of my tribesmen on the upper floor when I sprinted back to the basement with most of them, and they'd evidentally had a fight and as soon as I walked back into the main part of the house they had just finished with the Imperial soldiers.

I decided to check on my stuff in the containers, and, unfortunately, most had respawned. But, as well as a handful of barrels, the chest at the foot of the bed in the bedroom on the upper floor on the south side of the building had not, and that was where my armour and potions had been placed.

I could also sleep in the bed and freely walk around the house without it being trespassing, and slipped away that night back to the rest of the tribe :lol:

Also, the house isn't decorated that much, so you can decorate it with whatever items you want.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Re: You can live in the Surille house!

Postby Xavier » April 16th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Wow. Cool story. 8-)

Makes me want to do something like that. :)
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Legolastom » April 16th, 2009, 8:10 pm

I role-played a guerilla leader once, used Goatshaw inn as the hideout for my lieutenants.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

I raid Gottshaw in to kill the Imperial Legion soldier sometimes, but not often. I moved my entire army from west to east, and I'm not looking back ;)

Makes me want to do something like that

You should do it. It feels far more like an actual military campaign - a mix between M2TW and Oblivion.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 5:54 pm

What mods did you install to make this sort of military campaign in Oblivion?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 17th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Deadly Reflex, Open Cities, and Companion Share and Recruit. I did most other things with the console, such as adjusting my character then cloning her to make soldiers before changing her back and making them into followers, etc.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Return to Oblivion Discussion