OR  

char got erase

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

char got erase

Postby oxbutcherox » April 20th, 2009, 12:21 am

Let me explain,im on xbox 360,but when i create a new char, my last one got erase and i dont know why.I need to press X(blue)if i want to erase it but i dont press on it and on guide, that say you can create more than 5 char on an account but i dont know why, sometime i got 3 char and the other day 2 of them got erase or 1 so i dont know what i can do cause i lost hight level char :( my level 22 orc got erase so anyone know what i can do? or why i got this problem? thx for all help.
Elder Scrolls V is coming :)
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Re: char got erase

Postby Hirschy » April 20th, 2009, 12:44 am

That really sucks, sorry for your loss.

I myself use the xbox and i have never come across ths problem and cannot help i'm afraid. The only thing i can think of is to use the hard drive and a memory card, but other than that i cant think of anything.

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17
Characters: 1

Postby Legolastom » April 20th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Well unless you saved over your previous character it must have been a bug.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 20th, 2009, 4:17 pm

This is the A-bomb glitch. You should have been on the PC. You're screwed if you're on the Xbox 360 or the PS3. This usually happens after four hundred hours of gameplay.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97

Postby oxbutcherox » April 20th, 2009, 4:20 pm

I do not save on my other char and i have try on memory card and like when i play and saved,after my char got erase but i dont know but im thinking its caused by the patch or update cause when there an update,one of my char got erase and all the day there an update but there nothing new in the game and some bugs are not fixed so i cannot really play alot of time on oblivion cause all my char got erase :( my orc level 10 got erase too lol and the only char i got left is a thief level 1 omg.Thanks anyway guys but i dont know what i can do i have searched around some other forum about this problem and i didnt find anything.
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby oxbutcherox » April 20th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Lol i didnt play four hundred hour of gameplay,my char was level 20 and i haved played 16 hour with him so its not about the time i play lol and my pc doesnt run oblivion(it doesnt run morrowind very well lol)
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 20th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Did spells and enchantments that were custom-made start disappearing from your inventory? If so, it's the A-bomb glitch.

And you'll be surprised what even cheap computers can do. I can have hundreds of NPCs fighting on the screen at once, with shadows and distant items enabled, and my computer cost just over a thousand pounds. You should be able to get at least Bruma on your screen, and definately most of the wilderness, even if your computer is worth about a hundred ;)
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97

Postby oxbutcherox » April 20th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Lol but i got oblivion on xbox 360 and its supposed not to lag and its doesnt but the things that not funny is that i cannot really play cause some of my char got erase,i got one of my char(an breton)level 18 and he not erased but i dont know why but i think its cause of xbox live,cause on my other account,my char are not erase and on xbox live,there some update then my char got erase.
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby Hirschy » April 21st, 2009, 2:05 am

I've been playing Oblivion since it came out on my 360 and i've never had any of my characters erased... but i regularly clear my cache... That may be it, but i dont know i'm afraid.

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17
Characters: 1

Postby oxbutcherox » April 22nd, 2009, 8:07 pm

Its okay guys thx for help and now the problem was resolved :) cause of a new patch and none of my char got erase so thx for all who help me :)
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion