OR  

Need strategic help

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Need strategic help

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 25th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Here are the basic points:

- I've got Open Cities installed and Deadly Reflex.
- I have an army of a hundred Ashlanders camped near Lipsand Tarn.
- I plan to launch several raids against Chorrol to weaken the guards and to capture important places and possible defensive structures.
- When these raids are successful, I will attack with the whole of my army.

Has anyone got any ideas or hints as to how I should go about attacking Chorrol? Any secret entrances, places where its easy to scale the walls, and back-door entrances to well-defended locations such as castles and barracks?

Thanks
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Re: Need strategic help

Postby J'Ghasta » April 26th, 2009, 1:43 pm

You should start with taking Hontintar's house and then send in half of your army through one gate. Let them fight the guards in 1 min then send in the rest in an attack from the behind. Organize everything from Hondintars house
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 26th, 2009, 8:45 pm

The guards on the walls would butcher my soldiers if I tried to skirt around the city twice. Are there any good routes which provide cover? I've seen rocks running along one wall, near some mine, but I didn't go much further than the corner of the wall so I didn't see whether or not they ran to the gate or stopped near it.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97

Postby Legolastom » May 22nd, 2009, 3:43 am

A paint brush, siege ladder / tower.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Tom » May 28th, 2009, 2:42 am

Legolastom wrote:A paint brush, siege ladder / tower.

Would take a while to build, but it's a good idea.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Mr. Oblivion » May 30th, 2009, 6:46 am

You should, if possible, have a group look innocent by walking through the main gates. Then have the main group climb the walls of the back (north) side of the castles. Once the main task force attacks, the secondary can then begin.

Also, have one small force (maybe even one person) attack the castle, mainly the Countess.
UESPWiki - Mentor | OblivionCC
Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance...
Mr. Oblivion
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 1

Postby souro » February 14th, 2010, 6:25 pm

youve got alot of poeple. what i would do is completly cut off chorrol's supply to the outside world by putting a few guys along all roads. so when you attack they would be low on resources. i would also make a peace treaty with someone who has another army. a good necromancer can give you men if you give him bodys and cash. after enough time has past chorrol's supplys would be thin, the guards would be demoralized, and youll have alot of men, poeple would revolt, easy target.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby The hunter » February 19th, 2010, 10:12 am

To find the exact route in, do a little bit of scouting?
Then you may be able to find a weak spot, once found attack the wall elsewhere with your main army distracting, and send in a crack team in the weak spot headed by you nailing them.
Obviously this depends on there being a weak spot :roll:
Busy- procrastinating
The hunter
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 8
Characters: 1

Return to Oblivion Discussion