OR  

A Question About Killing

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

A Question About Killing

Postby The Black Arrow » May 2nd, 2009, 1:31 am

Ok, I have the Skinned Dog from Shivering Isles, and I am concerned about keeping him alive on my travels. I REALLY like him, and I don't want him to die in the wilderness, so I have come to a decision...I want to put him down myself, Old Yeller style. (Only with, you know...swords.)

Problem is, I want to put him down in my house so I can keep his carcass around (shush! >.>) for a memorial. Now, I have a house in the Imperial City, but I don't want to leave him in that shack! I want to have him in a larger home and I am saving up for the house in Cheydinhal (Price: 15,000 Septims). I am NO WHERE near affording it (Currently: 4,000-odd Septims) and I am doing quests to raise the money and Skingee (my dog) always goes with me, and thus is always in danger.

Now for my question: I was thinking of putting him down in Fort Farrugat (SP; b/c I had a soft spot for Lachance and I don't mind Skingee's soul roaming it) and then when I get my house in Cheydinhal, just dragging him home. But, will his body still BE there? I know out in the wild bodies disappear (something eats them or whatever) and I am not sure if that applies to indoors as well. (I guess I will find out soon b/c I killed that Corrupt Imperial Guard in my house a few [in-game] days ago...He ambushed me when I was asleep! I was naked and overburdened for god's sake!) and so far he is still there...

So if any of you know for sure about that, let me know. Thanks.
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Re: A Question About Killing

Postby Teinaava » May 2nd, 2009, 1:48 am

The location of the body doesn't effect whether or not it will disappear. All bodies will disappear unless they are marked as a "Quest Item", in which case they'll never disappear. I just tested to see if Skingee will disappear or not, and he didn't. So, if you put him down in Fort Farragut, his body should remain there.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby The Black Arrow » May 2nd, 2009, 1:55 am

Thanks so much for testing that for me, I appreciate it. I feel alot better now. =) I can now travel in peace without worrying about my pup. :D
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59

Postby souro » February 14th, 2010, 4:48 am

about the dragging it to chorrol, it will be difficult if not impossible . cause every single body doesnt move well, and they also cant go through a gate. so it may be impossible to drag it to cheydinhall.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby redguard_master » May 9th, 2010, 1:05 am

You can ressurect him with the staff of worms, mannimarco's staff. The body will follow you for that time, 30 seconds. I forget if fast travel counts against that time span. If not just run with him in 30 seconds at a time.
Last edited by redguard_master on May 25th, 2010, 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby whoman69 » May 25th, 2010, 1:35 am

He has followed me into Cyrodiil so you shouldn't need to drag him very far.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby scrimmythefox » July 4th, 2010, 6:25 pm

yeah the staff might work. in my game if you had taken him to barius manor, before you sleep and the ghosts come, and had left him there, if he had died in the house, at some point if you walk back in he would be alive again
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83

Postby ShadowSentinel » July 4th, 2010, 9:02 pm

By the haunted house in Anvil, it's only 5,000 and fun to fix. Plus you'll have a perfect secret dungeon room with a kind of alter to make a memorial on :D

ShadowSentinel
Beggar

Forum Posts: 15

Postby scrimmythefox » July 5th, 2010, 6:35 pm

i did enjoy that quest. its a great house with free furnishings for a fairly good price. what more do you need?
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83

Postby redguard_master » July 7th, 2010, 4:21 am

Love?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion