OR  

Oblivion on my PC

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Oblivion on my PC

Postby The Black Arrow » May 7th, 2009, 6:33 pm

So I finally got Oblivion for my PC.
Problem is, it won't run. I am, in fact, running Vista, but I've heard different things about Oblivion running on Vista. Some people said it worked fine, some people said it didn't. But it isn't working for me at all. The main menu comes up, then it stops working when I try to play it. I've google some things but all of it asks about system info, which I checked before I installed and it was legit. Any ideas about this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was my video card. It's not compatible. :evil: *grr* But for now I will run the game through Oldblivion, and save up for a GeForce 6600 (maybe a 9800 if I am REALLY determined.)
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Re: Oblivion on my PC

Postby Xavier » May 7th, 2009, 11:57 pm

I figured it was your video card. It was the only thing that made sense to me.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513

Postby Eskayti » May 11th, 2009, 4:24 am

OUCH!

I know that feeling! I couldn't run it at all with my old computer ... I got lucky though. My other half ordered me an Alienware - not a top-of-the-line model mind you, but this one is awesome! I'm the family gamer, so he thought it only fitting. ;)
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25
Characters: 1

Postby Xavier » May 11th, 2009, 10:28 pm

I am actually experiencing that feeling right now. For some reason my computer decided it wanted to lag with every game. So, I reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled Steam, got my games, and it still lagged. So, then I added 1 GB of RAM to my system, and it still lagged. It made it faster, but there was still in-game lag. Then I got a newer/better video card, and it is still lagging. On top of it all, I defragged and cleaned my registry. It is really starting to get on my nerves.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Postby The Black Arrow » May 25th, 2009, 6:48 am

What, seriously?
What do you reckon it is? O_o
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59

Postby Xavier » May 25th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Yeah I solved my problem. I looked inside my computer and found a thick blanket of dust behind my CPU fan. Everything was overheating. I cleaned off the dust and now she works like a charm. Gotta remember that in the future.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Postby Mr. Oblivion » May 30th, 2009, 7:00 am

Xavier wrote:Yeah I solved my problem. I looked inside my computer and found a thick blanket of dust behind my CPU fan. Everything was overheating. I cleaned off the dust and now she works like a charm. Gotta remember that in the future.

I've had this issue before. Because it isn't entirely visible, I tend to forget about it a lot.
UESPWiki - Mentor | OblivionCC
Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance...
Mr. Oblivion
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 1

Postby whoman69 » September 14th, 2009, 4:16 am

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I have an older system so this was a big problem. Luckily I did have the right video card when I upgraded my system last year. The worst lagging is when I was outside, using a ton of magic or fighting multiple enemies. For the first I at least found a solution. Put grass depth on minimum. The only problem is its a bit difficult to discover when you are still on a road. I guess If you know you're going the right direction it doesn't really matter. Up until I discovered this I hated travelling to discover a new location I needed to find. I didn't do much travelling because of this and also had to turn down the difficulty way down when I did. Hope this helps.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Cramps! » September 21st, 2009, 1:34 pm

My laptop runs quite alright outside for a chipset, a rare 21 fps. Inside it runs flawlessly. I need a new computer, pronto!
Cramps!
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 0

Postby Xavier » September 21st, 2009, 8:59 pm

I could definitely use a new hard drive. Currently, I have two hard drives that are IDE 120 GB. 240 GBs isn't enough for me and plus I don't really like putting stuff on my other drive. I am gonna try to get a 500 GB SATA hard drive before Left 4 Dead 2 comes out. I also think that will speed up the loading processes with games on my computer, I always seem to be the last one to load when I join a game of Nazi Zombies or Left 4 Dead.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion