OR  

Joining these factions????

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Joining these factions????

Postby Godsmak » May 13th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Check out this character: http://www.elderstats.com/character/S4/296

How the hell do you join all these factions? Any website that can describe this? I use FCOM, so I have many mods, but if these are faction mods, I would love to have them. Thanks

Edit: Also this user has NO MODS installed, according to the elderstats.
Godsmak
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 0

Re: Joining these factions????

Postby Tom » May 13th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Well, it's not necessarily impossible to join that many factions. That character does seem to have both Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles installed, which introduce new factions to the game. Also, that character has seen 4,900 days pass. I think that is more than enough time to join and reach the highest rank in every faction. I doubt he has used any Mods to get any extra factions - he only used Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, which are official expansions.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Godsmak » May 13th, 2009, 8:34 pm

Tom wrote:Well, it's not necessarily impossible to join that many factions. That character does seem to have both Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles installed, which introduce new factions to the game. Also, that character has seen 4,900 days pass. I think that is more than enough time to join and reach the highest rank in every faction. I doubt he has used any Mods to get any extra factions - he only used Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, which are official expansions.

Yeah exactly. I have had chars that did KotN, SI, Fighters Guild, Thieves, DB etc. But I have never seen those other guilds, except for Blackwood company and I have no clue how to join them. That's why I was curious, how the heck do you join these guilds and do they have separate quests within, as it looks like they do with the ranks.
Godsmak
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » May 13th, 2009, 8:35 pm

This page on the UESP should tell you everything you need to know about each faction in Oblivion.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Godsmak » May 13th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Tom wrote:This page on the UESP should tell you everything you need to know about each faction in Oblivion.

I guess I should have done a wiki search. Thank you good sir.

Nice site as well!
Godsmak
Mudcrab

Postby The Black Arrow » May 14th, 2009, 3:19 am

A few of those are also quest-related. No other ranks beyond whats there. Not really factions in the traditional sense.
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Postby Legolastom » May 22nd, 2009, 1:48 am

That person just filled in each box, you only become a member of the Mythic dawn during a single quest and after that your no longer part of the faction, and that character obviously has completed the quest because he is champion of Cyrodill, same for the blackwood company as he is master of the fighters guild he has obviously completed the quest that temporarily makes you a member of the blackwood company.

So anyone can join those factions but only temporarily during the main quest and the fighters guild questline and after you progress past that quest your no longer part of the faction.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Xavier » May 22nd, 2009, 9:19 pm

Good point, Legolastom. I have some editing to do.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Return to Oblivion Discussion