OR  

Back from character discussion on Bob...

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Back from character discussion on Bob...

Postby zwillowies » June 10th, 2009, 10:46 pm

"ohhh okay. so i could just go into a room with a chest and keep loading the auto save?
(would that be counted as an exploit?)
also i tried using the PE glitch before, and it didnt work. can anyone explain how to actually do it? i did it with the madstone from that Akavari quest"
zwillowies
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 1

Re: Back from character discussion on Bob...

Postby Teinaava » June 10th, 2009, 10:59 pm

zwillowies wrote:"ohhh okay. so i could just go into a room with a chest and keep loading the auto save?

No. The loot is determined as soon as you enter the "zone". Each dungeon has at least one zone. You can tell where they start and end, as the loading screen will appear when going from zone to zone. Since the autosave is after you enter the zone, you'll keep getting the same loot. However, if you save outside the door to the zone, and keep loading that save, you should get different loot each time. A good place to do this is at Ceyatatar. There's a small room you can access through a trapdoor outside the ruin, that has a boss-level chest inside it. If you save before the trapdoor you can keep loading the save and re-entering to get different loot. Here's a video showing where it is. One more thing to note: there's only a 10% chance that the chest will have a magic ring in it, so there might not be a ring every time, and if there is, it might not be the one you want.

zwillowies wrote:also i tried using the PE glitch before, and it didnt work. can anyone explain how to actually do it? i did it with the madstone from that Akavari quest"

This should explain how to perma-enchant items: Permanent Effects from Duplicated Items
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby zwillowies » June 11th, 2009, 12:03 am

ohh okay.
so if i PE glitched like, a ring that increased one of my major skills, would it be counted as an enchantment, or actually leveling up that skill?
zwillowies
Mudcrab

Postby Teinaava » June 11th, 2009, 1:58 am

zwillowies wrote:so if i PE glitched like, a ring that increased one of my major skills, would it be counted as an enchantment, or actually leveling up that skill?

It would be counted as an enchantment. So, using this to raise your skill level won't allow you to use the mastery perks, unless the base level of your skill is above the required level.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby zwillowies » June 11th, 2009, 4:19 am

Ohhh okay

So does that mean all of bobs attributes are just raised by enchantments?
zwillowies
Mudcrab

Postby patriots » June 14th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Lol I have a thread about me.
patriots
Mudcrab

Characters: 0

Return to Oblivion Discussion