OR  

...Well, I'm never buying a Poison Apple again!

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

...Well, I'm never buying a Poison Apple again!

Postby Filia » September 26th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Poison Apples.

The good old stuff of the murderer trade, exclusive to Dark Brotherhood members that either will shell out a lot of coin or be far enough along to nab the ones in Fort Farragut.

Except no!

Recently, I finally realized that even non-Dark Brotherhood members can get into the otherwise-locked Fort by using the secret entrance in the tree stump nearby. No one will even be there.

So the 10 -free- Poison Apples that respawn every three days are there for anyone's taking. :ugeek:

On that note, I don't use them as often as I could. It's a little difficult to remove all the food from an area and/or reverse-pickpocket them into the intended victim's pocket.

Is there anyone that actually utilizes them frequently?
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Re: ...Well, I'm never buying a Poison Apple again!

Postby The Ninja » September 28th, 2009, 3:55 am

I used them for a little bit, but then dropped it like it was last year... ;) Just kidding, I enjoy giving someone PA every once and a while.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » September 28th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Filia wrote:Recently, I finally realized that even non-Dark Brotherhood members can get into the otherwise-locked Fort by using the secret entrance in the tree stump nearby. No one will even be there.

So the 10 -free- Poison Apples that respawn every three days are there for anyone's taking. :ugeek:

That's some interesting information there. I've always wondered why that fort was locked.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Kestral » October 21st, 2009, 12:48 am

Tom wrote:
Filia wrote:Recently, I finally realized that even non-Dark Brotherhood members can get into the otherwise-locked Fort by using the secret entrance in the tree stump nearby. No one will even be there.

That's some interesting information there. I've always wondered why that fort was locked.

Wait, you never did the Dark Brotherhood?
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » October 21st, 2009, 3:52 pm

I only have 2 characters, and my first character is a really "good" one, so I didn't want to corrupt his reputation by joining the Dark Brotherhood. My other character is a warrior character, and I haven't played as him for a long time. Maybe I'll start a third character and have him be a stealthy one who joins the Dark Brotherhood. That may be something I can do in the future.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » October 22nd, 2009, 7:07 pm

Stealth characters are essential to the TES experiance. You MUST make one.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby whoman69 » October 22nd, 2009, 9:02 pm

Any character can be a stealth character, a warrior, magic user or all three. I agree that you should do all the guilds to get the full oblivion experience, but you don't have to be a stealth character to do so, nor does it have to be all with one character. My main character did not do the dark brotherhood either, role playing decision. My other character I have won't do the full mages line. I wish there were some other way to get enchantments without having to go through the mages guild or he wouldn't do it at all.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Xavier » October 23rd, 2009, 8:45 pm

Hopefully they will make it where you can't join every guild and be good at all things in Elder Scrolls V. It ruins the experience. You should have to create different characters to experience everything.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby whoman69 » October 23rd, 2009, 10:47 pm

Xavier wrote:Hopefully they will make it where you can't join every guild and be good at all things in Elder Scrolls V. It ruins the experience. You should have to create different characters to experience everything.

I agree, there should be some role-playing decisions, not just a cookie cutter one for all method.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Vum » October 24th, 2009, 3:06 am

I never actually realised this. Thanks for the tip!

*goes to grab some apples*

(That sounded wrong*)
Vum
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 5
Characters: 0

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion