OR  

Elder Scrolls V Wishlist

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Elder Scrolls V Wishlist

Postby whoman69 » October 1st, 2009, 10:59 pm

I know that Bethesda backed off their statement last year that they would have something new coming up for 2010 but still they will eventually get another out. What would you like to see from this new game?

First off I don't want to see it dumbed down by making it online. I want to see more role playing options.

I want to see:
Less places just open for just dungeon trolling, make it quest related.
Once you clear an area, it should not respawn monsters/treasure.
More lengthy quests involving needing to go more than one location to complete like the collector or KOTN, some maybe with dead ends that will force the character to find another way.
More guilds, more guilds, more guilds. I also think guilds should be more limited in joining and have minimum standards to join. If you want to find out what the other guilds are doing, create another character.
The guilds should be based on a hero questline and an anti-hero questline.
Hero quest should have Mages, Rangers, Healers, Searchers, Fighters guilds.
Anti-Hero has Assassin, Thieves, Necromancers, Slavers guilds.
Hero vs Anti-Hero Guild wars.
More rewards for guild leaders like make Wizard's Tower available to them. Make missions that can be completed by the guild leader, it almost seems like you retire when you get the job.
Make the game a bit more challenging by having the sneak skill not so powerful. Also have enemies facing you instead of always with their backs to you. Areas with multiple enemies who know where you are when you off one of their allies.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Re: Elder Scrolls V Wishlist

Postby Filia » October 3rd, 2009, 5:41 am

Totally agree on the Anti-Hero thing. Do want. :shock:

*was sad that she could not join the sirens in Anvil* :oops:
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » October 6th, 2009, 1:52 am

Sounds like someone has been playing WOW too much. ;)

I agree with some things. But neutral guilds are a must! Ninjas (assasination, reconnassince, among other stealth operations) oculd be one. Because you could be doing work for both good and bad people, but your quest decisions could have either side win. Doing the good quests may pay less, but less damage done. Bad quests would pay more, but then evil would take over.

Just a thought about neutral guilds.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby J'Ghasta » October 7th, 2009, 7:07 pm

No fast traveling
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby Filia » October 7th, 2009, 8:35 pm

J'Ghasta wrote:No fast traveling

Why not? :/

It's completely optional in Oblivion. ^^;;
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » October 7th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Filia wrote:

Agreed. Optional is good.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby whoman69 » October 8th, 2009, 7:47 pm

The Ninja wrote:Sounds like someone has been playing WOW too much. ;)

I agree with some things. But neutral guilds are a must! Ninjas (assasination, reconnassince, among other stealth operations) oculd be one. Because you could be doing work for both good and bad people, but your quest decisions could have either side win. Doing the good quests may pay less, but less damage done. Bad quests would pay more, but then evil would take over.

Neutral guilds, the Swiss of role playing. They refuse to take sides and make money both ways. Interested in only greed.
whoman69
Adventurer

Postby whoman69 » October 9th, 2009, 6:46 pm

Having now gone thru Shivering Isles, I must say they did a lot of things right. There is tremendous humor, lengthy quests, some battle quests. Elder Scrolls V needs more quests like the collector and defense of Bruma from the original, rebuilding the gatekeeper from Shivering Isles, and a lengthy Knights of the Nine type mini quest. Longer quests which are more involving is what keeps people interested.
whoman69
Adventurer

Postby J'Ghasta » October 9th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Filia wrote:

Watch a loading screen insted of a valley or a beautiful lake. It is better in morrowind,if you want to fast travel,then pay for it
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » October 9th, 2009, 9:47 pm

whoman69 wrote:
The Ninja wrote:Sounds like someone has been playing WOW too much. ;)

Neutral guilds, the Swiss of role playing. They refuse to take sides and make money both ways. Interested in only greed.

Hey, you know that you do evil in ES to get money sometimes. There isn't any problem with it. But it should take a vast amount of skill to get into a neutral guild, as not to become... not neutral through foolish action. Like to join the Ninja Clan, you must have high stealth skills and a good/great reputation.
The Ninja
Squire

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion