OR  

Elder Scrolls V Wishlist

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Elder Scrolls V Wishlist

Postby whoman69 » October 9th, 2009, 11:13 pm

J'Ghasta wrote:Watch a loading screen insted of a valley or a beautiful lake. It is better in morrowind,if you want to fast travel,then pay for it

I have a lower end computer. When I first started the game lagged horribly when I was outside a city or dungeon to the point of being unplayable. In order to get it to run I had to turn grass off. I missed out on improving my acrobatics would be the biggest thing I missed. I also don't have time to play the game to go from Shivering Isles to Arcane University to Skingrad to Anvil and back again. My wife yells at me enough for not spending enough time with her.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby The Ninja » October 9th, 2009, 11:18 pm

A low end computer? Lucky for your wife that you don't have an XBOX or anything that can run Modern Warfare 2. CoD 4 was the "Widowmaker" right? This is gonna be better. Strap yourselves in, I only know 40% of the stuff to be known and I'm about to jump out of my seat with excitement! I'm as giddy as a school boy after I just saw the latest vid that I posted in the MW2 thread. You should watch it.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Filia » October 10th, 2009, 7:18 am

J'Ghasta wrote:
Filia wrote:
J'Ghasta wrote:No fast traveling

Why not? :/

It's completely optional in Oblivion. ^^;;

Watch a loading screen insted of a valley or a beautiful lake. It is better in morrowind,if you want to fast travel,then pay for it

If you want to see your valley or lake, you're still free to do that. But some people just aren't that interested in the scenery, sorry to say. They'll probably enjoy it more if they can on their own time, rather than getting bored of it as they are forced to look.
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Postby J'Ghasta » October 10th, 2009, 10:44 am

whoman69 wrote:
J'Ghasta wrote:Watch a loading screen insted of a valley or a beautiful lake. It is better in morrowind,if you want to fast travel,then pay for it

I have a lower end computer. When I first started the game lagged horribly when I was outside a city or dungeon to the point of being unplayable. In order to get it to run I had to turn grass off. I missed out on improving my acrobatics would be the biggest thing I missed. I also don't have time to play the game to go from Shivering Isles to Arcane University to Skingrad to Anvil and back again. My wife yells at me enough for not spending enough time with her.

Same thing happend to me, I can't even enter the waterfront without everything freezes all the time.
Answer to Filla: I used the fast travel all the time before,and i wasn't outside the walls for a moth,but then I took a week exploring the country and got amazed. And,as I said,the morrowind system,where you'll have to pay is better by ny opinion
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby Filia » October 11th, 2009, 10:07 pm

J'Ghasta wrote:
whoman69 wrote:

Same thing happend to me, I can't even enter the waterfront without everything freezes all the time.
Answer to Filla: I used the fast travel all the time before,and i wasn't outside the walls for a moth,but then I took a week exploring the country and got amazed. And,as I said,the morrowind system,where you'll have to pay is better by ny opinion

Well...that's good for you then? I only get to play Oblivion on the weekends, so I'd rather not be forced to take the scenic route when I won't have time for it.
Filia
Beggar

Postby Tom » October 12th, 2009, 12:08 am

Filia wrote:Well...that's good for you then? I only get to play Oblivion on the weekends, so I'd rather not be forced to take the scenic route when I won't have time for it.

I happen to agree with this kind of thinking, too. I love the scenery in Cyrodiil, but I don't have the time to walk on foot from place to place, and I want to make the most of the time I spend playing Oblivion (which isn't really that much time anymore). So, I think fast travel should definitely be there as an optional feature, just as it is in Oblivion. I try not to fast travel to a place if it's close to my current location, though.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » October 12th, 2009, 10:42 pm

Optional will please both crowds. All in favor of Optional say "aye."
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby kakejero » November 25th, 2009, 4:08 pm

AYE!!! :D
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby Filia » December 26th, 2009, 3:56 am

Oh, and another thing I'd love for Elder Scrolls V: Long hair options in the character creation process. *_*
Filia
Beggar

Postby Scorpius » February 13th, 2010, 1:36 am

bring back spears and throwing knives/bolts etc. With spears however, make it practical by being able to throw your spear and retrieve it after battle instead of just weilding it. You'll have the option to throw or to fend off enemies at a distance; make a skill for it as well. also, Fable2 had a good idea with investment in shops. Instead of the merchantile skill thats in place now, make it where you can invest early on and recieve a percentage of the proffit that store makes. I think that it is not worth my time to try and progress through mercantile only to add just 500 to the shop's total gold. i agree with everyone else when they want more guilds and optional fast travel.

note: I've been reading The Infernal City (halfway thru). looks like we might be going to Black Marsh next. but who really knows?
~Scorpius

Scorpius
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion