OR  

ye old storytellers inn

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: ye old storytellers inn

Postby souro » June 16th, 2010, 4:56 pm

yea, for some reason there were ALWAYS a different food source. of course i think one or two died, but i was thinking it would be more of an epidemic.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby redguard_master » June 17th, 2010, 2:14 am

Did you reverse pick-pocket them? I think that helps entice them. Oh I had a bizzare oddity a few days ago. I was in fort carmala putting down some vampire who was blasting spells at me. I killed her turned to deal with some rats and when I turned back to her and there was something on the wall. It looked like a scorch mark with a large, red, glowing coal in the center. When I moved different parts of it would glow or go black, weird.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby Farcey » June 17th, 2010, 10:22 pm

That reminds me of when I got the poison apple from the DB and reverse-pickpocketed a guy to put it on him to eat. After I got done he basically walked two feet and then ate the apple and died. Unfortunately a guard thought that I had killed him which made me buy my way out of jail.
I tried it again with a different character but instead of eating it he went three days without eating until I replaced the apple with a healing potion, which he then began to drink. I kill that character everytime I see him now.
Awww I hate frost.

Farcey
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2

Postby redguard_master » June 20th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Who is this unfortunate person?
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116

Postby scrimmythefox » June 22nd, 2010, 2:59 am

you gotta love the NPCs. their so vacant sometimes its funny. whenever i go dungeon hopping i always use the ghostwalk, summon minion (as long as its strong) and health spells of course. ill sneak up to a couple of the bad guys and then summon a minion and the disappear again. most times instead of fighting the minion they spend their time looking for you and if you have a powerful minion the minion can pretty much kill them and they wont fight back allowing you to step out and finish the job when their health is low enough
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83

Postby Tom » June 22nd, 2010, 3:04 am

scrimmythefox wrote:most times instead of fighting the minion they spend their time looking for you

I've found that to be a bit annoying at times. For example, I was fighting goblin warlords in a mine once and I kept spawning scamps just to distract them a bit so that I could move around and get some hits on them without them chasing me. However, they would continue to pursue me despite that fact that my scamp was throwing fireballs right at their faces, and the scamp would soon die after his time was up and it ended up doing little to help me (especially since the scamp does very little damage). I suppose I just need to get spells that spawn creatures that can do more damage than a lowly scamp, but it still would have been nice to be able to use the scamp as a distraction to buy myself some time to at least restore some of my health and fatigue.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 22nd, 2010, 4:41 am

Tom wrote:Why, because they wouldn't eat the apples?

I'm guessing... (BTW, long time no talk guys. :))
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby souro » June 22nd, 2010, 6:00 pm

Tom wrote:
scrimmythefox wrote:most times instead of fighting the minion they spend their time looking for you

I've found that to be a bit annoying at times. For example, I was fighting goblin warlords in a mine once and I kept spawning scamps just to distract them a bit so that I could move around and get some hits on them without them chasing me. However, they would continue to pursue me despite that fact that my scamp was throwing fireballs right at their faces, and the scamp would soon die after his time was up and it ended up doing little to help me (especially since the scamp does very little damage). I suppose I just need to get spells that spawn creatures that can do more damage than a lowly scamp, but it still would have been nice to be able to use the scamp as a distraction to buy myself some time to at least restore some of my health and fatigue.

im pretty sure if you summon 3 daedroths at the same time (at the aid of supreme magicka) they still would come after you, everyone in oblivion seem to be extremly aggresive and will attack the same thing until it dies. which reminds me of an incident, i accidently hit the wrong hotkey and had a damage 1 in 100 feet (for starting a ruckes) and everyone starting killing me, i kept recoiling, and i summoned a daedroth, and instead of attack the more threatening miniature godzilla, they just kept slashing at me. well i didnt make it.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42

Postby scrimmythefox » June 22nd, 2010, 8:48 pm

well what i meant was that ill summon a deadroth and use ghostwalk. the guards or other NPCs will stand there going "he was here a second ago" while my deadroth beats the snot out of them until they have barely any health. then i step out and finish it. not that i have to, my weapons get most jobs done in 1 to 3 hits depending on who im attacking. but its fun to watch
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Postby scrimmythefox » June 23rd, 2010, 2:49 am

in my exploits against the guards (they seem to hate vamps) i went guard tower raiding, which was easy enough. i only ran into a minor problem, which i solved. anyway in the northwest tower, i think, in the captians room its a run down ghost room. i thought this was odd. i was wondering if it was because of a quest thing then a watchmen tried to attack me out of nowhere (didnt work well for him). i thought this was interesting and maybe should be looked into
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion