OR  

List Your Funny, Stupid, Weird, Glitches, etc.

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: List Your Funny, Stupid, Weird, Glitches, etc.

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 5:53 pm

I've found that odd, too. I wonder if it's because their dead bodies are rolling down uneven terrain, so the physics of the game messes up and makes them quiver over all the bumps in the ground. It's just an idea, but it's probably a physics engine bug with the game.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Katherine » April 17th, 2009, 11:16 pm

really? I never thought of that, oh and it's also happened in the Arena, when I had to fight two mountain lion and a spriggan, the spriggan conjured a bear and when I killed it it lay there quivering before it dissapeared :lol:
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Oh, and the Arena's ground is flat, so maybe it has nothing to do with the landscape being rugged if the dead bodies still quiver when on flat ground. I've noticed this before, too, and it's very odd. Does it happen only when you kill someone with an enchanted weapon, or does it happen always?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Legolastom » April 18th, 2009, 4:26 am

I think its just the physics engine having a harder time dealing with the unusual shape of most wild creatures compared to what it was optimized for (Human shaped characters).
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Katherine » April 18th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Tom wrote:Oh, and the Arena's ground is flat, so maybe it has nothing to do with the landscape being rugged if the dead bodies still quiver when on flat ground. I've noticed this before, too, and it's very odd. Does it happen only when you kill someone with an enchanted weapon, or does it happen always?

It happens all the time, actually I'm quite glad it's only the wilderness creatures it would be spooky if that also happened with NPC's :?
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby The Black Arrow » April 30th, 2009, 12:49 am

Tom wrote:Once I traveled into Bravil with my Grey Fox helmet on and rushed over to my house quickly. It's a routine that I have to always fast travel to Castle Bravil, then jump from the bridge and into the pond below to avoid being captured by the guards. Then, I swim up to my house, go inside, unload the items that I have found, and remove my Grey Fox helmet. Well, I did this routine as usual one day, and then I went to sleep in my room to level up. When I awoke, I got up and walked over to my front door to see a guard in my house. I suppose he had followed me to my house when I had the Gray Fox helmet on and had gone inside, but since I was sleeping he just stood there and waited. Anyway, he looked at me and said something like "Good day, sir." Then, he walked into my bedroom, changed into his skivvies, and went to sleep in my bed. I though this was quite funny, so I watched him sleep for a little bit wondering how that had happened. I then chose to wait an hour using the wait menu, and when the 1 hour wait was over and the screen faded back in, the guard simply got up, got changed back into his regular clothes, then walked to my front door and left. It might not even be a glitch, but I found it to be quite funny.

:lol: Awh man, that's hilarious! I hope that happens to Vicolth!

Now, I have pictures to go with my stories! =D

Armand without a torch:

I was waiting in the bushes where Armand shows up and he just walked by without a torch. Not sure if he just didn't want to take it with him or he didn't have one, but I just thought it was odd. O_o

Puny [insert name here] sleeping on the ground:

XD Haha! Silly begger...There was also a cool glitch when I went to feed on him. It was like I was kissing the pillow. I couldn't get my camera in time and when I went to bite him again he jumped back on his bedroll. Bummer. -_-

Claymore + sheild?:

Not as obvious this time around. I actually got out of the house before I realized, and went: "Wtf? This isn't right!" That happened when I bit Weebam-Na. Simply unequipping and re-equipping the claymore fixes it.

Skingee facing player:

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I thought it was cute. I got to Bravil and when through the gates and when the loading screen faded, Skingee (my skinned dog from Shivering Isles) was facing me, looking so undead and cute.

Yyyea...I snap pictures of anything odd that happens. :lol:
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Postby J'Ghasta » May 1st, 2009, 7:08 pm

Haha :D ,these Beggars, if the bed isn't good enugh, then they won't use it. Great pictures Black Arrow
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby The Black Arrow » May 2nd, 2009, 1:36 am

Hehe, I guess beggers CAN be choosers! Hyukhyukhyuk!

I keep my camera close by whenever I play Oblivion. Who knows what good stuff might happen!
---Est. 2009---
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Postby Tom » May 2nd, 2009, 5:15 pm

The Black Arrow wrote:Yyyea...I snap pictures of anything odd that happens. :lol:

I'm the same way - I take screenshots of a lot of happenings in Oblivion. Nice pictures, by the way.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Black Arrow » May 3rd, 2009, 1:24 am

Thanks! Macro works wonders against scanlines.
---Est. 2009---
The Black Arrow
Citizen

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion