OR  

Your playing style

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Your playing style

Postby Katherine » April 18th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:Alessia Caro is probably the nastiest NPC in the game, and it's even worse because she tries to hide it....

:| tell me about it, but i did not recieve the courtesy of her hiding it, what a brat! It might be because I have not progressed along the main quest. I was in it for the free horse, but haven't looked back since :P I'm saving the quest involving a prank on Alessia Caro till last
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 20th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Make a poison with over six hundred damage, do the Thieves Guild quest involving her, then ambush her as she travels from Leyawiin to Chorrol by sniping her from the woods. Then get out of there. Problem solved ;)
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby Katherine » April 20th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:Make a poison with over six hundred damage, do the Thieves Guild quest involving her, then ambush her as she travels from Leyawiin to Chorrol by sniping her from the woods. Then get out of there. Problem solved ;)

cool!
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48

Postby Hirschy » April 21st, 2009, 12:48 am

My playing style what i think a Orc Hunter would fight like. Use stealth and a bow untill s/he is seen then they pull out their claymore and beat the opponents to death... Well thats a least how i'm playing at the moment.

Its working well for me thinking of boosting my block skill and then using a short sword... not sure though.

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17

Postby Tom » April 23rd, 2009, 2:20 am

Hirschy wrote:Use stealth and a bow untill s/he is seen then they pull out their claymore and beat the opponents to death... Well thats a least how i'm playing at the moment.

I have a playing style similar to that when I'm out exploring in the wilderness. Since my marksman skill is maxed out, I can easily knock out an enemy far away with an arrow, and then pull out my Daedric claymore and go to town. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Hirschy » April 23rd, 2009, 11:12 am

Its very amuseing... I just look forward to maxing my skills so i can kill enimies in one hit with my bow when sneaking. but untill then i just have to beat them down.

Thinking of doing the Arena to improve my Blade then the Dark brotherhood to increase my Sneak and Marksman.

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17

Postby The Black Arrow » April 29th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Wow, everyone has amazing stories to tell! :D

A typical in-game day for my Vicolth would be to immediately embark on a quest. If traveling is involved then he will definitely get sidetracked and do a bit of dungeon diving. Sometimes just riding Shadow(mare) he'll pass by a cave/mine/fort and say "Ooh! Cave/Mine/Fort!" then stop and dive it. After doing that, he will head over to the next destination of his quest, and if he has to be back at a certain time (such as to meet with a royal) he will leave the dungeon and return later (he marks it on his map to remind himself). He will cram as much dungeon diving as he can into his day, then spend his evenings and nights (from 10pm to 3am) stealing goods and feeding (this is done AFTER midnight so it carries over to the next day). Then he will sleep from 4am to 7am and begin his day anew.

For combat, Vicolth loves to begin sneaking, and use either Shadowhunt or his Dagger of the Dynamo for 6x damage, and then follow up with his Claymore of the Dynamo. (Despite being an assassin, he LOVES his claymores.) Once combat is initiated he will block and use power attacks at the opportune time. However, sometimes the adrenaline gets the best of him and he just whales on his opponent until they fall, and that sometimes leaves him just barely alive. When dealing with ranged fighters (archers and magic users) he takes cover the best he can until he is within reach of his target. However, if he is feeling good he will simply become a ranged fighter himself, attacking with Shadowhunt and poisoned silver arrows.

Despite his rough exterior (read: low personality) Vicolth enjoys nature and alot of times he will take a break from adventuring to sit down on the outcropping outside of Charcoal Mine to watch the waterfall. That, and the Niben Bay at sunrise are his favorite spots to relax. Being somewhat of a health nut, Vicolth will only eat "legit" food (no Clannfear claws for him!) and dress for the weather. When it rains, he puts his Black Hand hood on. When its sunny and warm, he slips into his green vest. When it's chilly or rainy he'll put on a long-sleeved shirt. Being a creative and free spirit, Vicolth HATES to stay on the road. He prefers to veer off into the wilderness and blaze his own trail amongst the heroes (villains?) of Cyrodill. Even though he likes to do things (quests) he hates the fame he gets for it. He would rather be remembered for rending the flesh from an unsuspecting citizen (which he does once in a while to honor Sithis; every 2 weeks or so) than helping a local lady find her lost husband in a surreal painting (granted that blew his mind and he wanted a summer home there). I suppose that's why it makes the most sense that he admires Sheogoreth, and if his life weren't dedicated to Sithis he would more than likely worship the Deadric Madgod (this is written pre-SI quest completion).

Vicolth isn't one to care, but he had a particular soft spot for both Lucien Lachance and Vicente Valteari (from whom he willingly contracted porphyric homophilia) and shed tears of shame, guilt and sorrow when the two of them had to die. He cared enough for Vicente to simply shoot him in the back with a poisoned arrow so that he never knew what was going on...

Dear god, I am digressing! T______T So, uhm, yea. That's how I play >_>; It looks like a simple bio but as fellow RPGers, you get it...I hope.
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Postby Legolastom » May 22nd, 2009, 3:39 am

Well recently my "Paladin" character has taken a much more sinister route and is going to become a Dark Lord, and from his dark tower near Bruma he will invade the rest of Cyrodil,he is gonna do a lot of front line fighting (He already has over 1K Magicka).
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Mazook » May 22nd, 2009, 4:46 am

I'm playing through on my wizard right now. He doesn't use armor at all, and his robes aren't enchanted at the moment. Most of his damage comes from destruction spells, he also has some very powerful healing spells hot-keyed in case he manages to get hit (he has lots of magicka, but low health, and no protection).

I have two companions at the moment that act as my meat shields. I have Kat, from the Heart of the Dead quest mod, and Cleon, from the Tears of the Fiend quest mod. They take most of the damage while I cast my touch spells on the enemy.
Mazook
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 3

Postby Mr. Oblivion » May 30th, 2009, 7:42 am

I roleplay when I play. I rarely ever level with the 5/5/5 or any other type of "power-leveling."
UESPWiki - Mentor | OblivionCC
Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance...
Mr. Oblivion
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion