OR  

oblivion gates tactics ( and a question)

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

oblivion gates tactics ( and a question)

Postby iron spartan101 » February 14th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Firstly a question. When you finish the main quest can you go in anymore oblivion gates?

I used to kill everything but i just run past slashing what i can until i grab the sigil stone burning everyone to ashes.

But what is your style to closing oblivion gates?
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67
Characters: 1

Re: oblivion gates tactics ( and a question)

Postby Teinaava » February 14th, 2009, 9:06 pm

iron spartan101 wrote:When you finish the main quest can you go in anymore oblivion gates?

No, once you finish the Main Quest, all open gates will close and no more gates will spawn.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby iron spartan101 » February 14th, 2009, 9:08 pm

Teinaava wrote:
iron spartan101 wrote:When you finish the main quest can you go in anymore oblivion gates?

No, once you finish the Main Quest, all open gates will close and no more gates will spawn.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67

Postby Teinaava » February 14th, 2009, 9:59 pm

iron spartan101 wrote:
Teinaava wrote:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

If you're playing on a PC, you can use the console command "set MQ00.MaxOpenGates to 90" to allow random Oblivion Gates to open again. However, I believe you're playing on an Xbox 360.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Xavier » February 14th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Yeah, he is. Well, that's that. Start a new character. :D
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » February 14th, 2009, 11:52 pm

iron spartan101 wrote:I used to kill everything but i just run past slashing what i can until i grab the sigil stone burning everyone to ashes.

Ha, that's what I did for 90% of the Oblivion Gates that I closed. It's funny that others do it the same way as me.

Now, after you complete the Main Quest, there is one more way I know of that allows you to go to Oblivion. There is a quest for a shrine called Peryite which tells you to go into Oblivion to save these five worshipers at the shrine who are captured in time. I don't know the exact location of the Peryite shrine, but I know that it's on the east side of Cyrodiil southeast of the Imperial City. You can most likely find its location by reading this article on the UESP. That is technically the only way I know of that allows you to go back into the plains of Oblivion after you complete the Main Quest.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Joe » February 14th, 2009, 11:58 pm

I think it's the Shrine of Peryite.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91

Postby Teinaava » February 14th, 2009, 11:58 pm

Tom wrote:Now, after you complete the Main Quest, there is one more way that you can go to Oblivion. There is a quest for a Shrine (I don't know the name of it, though) which tells you to go into Oblivion to save these four worshipers at the shrine that are captured in time. I don't know the name of the quest or the shrine, but I know that it's on the east side of Cyrodiil southeast of the Imperial City. If I find the name of that shrine or the related quest, I will tell you. That is technically the only way that you can go back into the plains of Oblivion after you complete the Main Quest. Maybe Teinaava will know the shrine or quest that I am talking about.

The quest you're thinking of is Peryite's Daedric Quest. You also go to a Plane of Oblivion in Boethia's Daedric Quest.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Tom » February 14th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Joe wrote:I think it's the Shrine of Peryite.

Yes, it is. After I made that post, I opened up Oblivion and looked in my quest log and found its name. I think I edited my post before you replied to it, so it's all fixed.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Joe » February 15th, 2009, 12:02 am

Also there are 5 worshipers not 4. Not a big deal though.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion