OR  

Modern Warfare 2

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Postby The Ninja » November 19th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Xavier wrote:
Kestral wrote:I take Ninja's absence as of late as CoD 4: MW2 addiction.

That's what I was thinking myself.

Well, you would be correct! But I'm back, yet still addicted. :D

It is a marvelous masterpiece of gaming.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby J'Ghasta » November 20th, 2009, 9:26 pm

So I heard,but my economic instinct forbidds me to buy it until the price drops below 40$ :(
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby The King » November 21st, 2009, 4:30 am

J'Ghasta wrote:So I heard,but my economic instinct forbidds me to buy it until the price drops below 40$ :(

I'm just going to wait to get it as a christmas present.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » November 21st, 2009, 5:12 am

The King wrote:
J'Ghasta wrote:So I heard,but my economic instinct forbidds me to buy it until the price drops below 40$ :(

Talk about "behind the curve."

Too bad for you two. If you are playing online. If you just plan on Single Player, then it doesn't really matter when you get it.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Xavier » November 23rd, 2009, 3:10 am

The Ninja wrote:
The King wrote:

Talk about "behind the curve."

Too bad for you two. If you are playing online. If you just plan on Single Player, then it doesn't really matter when you get it.

Eh, it's not that bad. I played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online about 5 months after it came out and I became pretty decent at the game without a problem.

I plan on getting Modern Warfare 2 PC sometime before 2010. I always liked how the newer Call of Duty games had ranking systems, perks, stats, and things like that. I love that kind of stuff.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The King » November 24th, 2009, 2:51 am

Xavier wrote:Eh, it's not that bad. I played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare online about 5 months after it came out and I became pretty decent at the game without a problem.

I plan on getting Modern Warfare 2 PC sometime before 2010. I always liked how the newer Call of Duty games had ranking systems, perks, stats, and things like that. I love that kind of stuff.

The hackers on the pc are going crazy.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220

Postby kakejero » November 24th, 2009, 3:59 pm

hmmmmm......MW2
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby The Ninja » November 24th, 2009, 9:45 pm

kakejero wrote:hmmmmm......MW2

Be more specific?
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Taylor » November 24th, 2009, 11:24 pm

What is so good about Modern Warfare 2? How is it better than CoD4?
Taylor
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45

Postby The Ninja » November 25th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Taylor wrote:What is so good about Modern Warfare 2? How is it better than CoD4?

There is less of the occurrances where you put your sight dead center in the the enemy's chest and squeeze off a few rounds, but you die just then. I guess that means less lag? Everything, well, almost everything is bigger and better, like Bowling stated again and again.

I have a few complaints, but nothing is ruining the game. In reality, a fragmentation grenade has a kill radius of 5 meters. It also has a hit radius of 15 meters. In CoD: MW2, the kill radius is 5 FEET. I just wish that 'nades weren't so underpowered.

Then the matter of sniping comes into play. IW has Halo-ized it, so I'm having trouble with it. I usually lead the target, but that isn't neccessary in this game. This is unrealistic and hard to adjust to for myself.

The glitch where you may be appearing to look over and object, but you may shoot over it also is still in effect.

I've only run into a glitcher twice. ONce, he was inside a boulder, the other time, he threw a tactical insertion just outside of the map or something, but he was under the map. Annoying. HIs GT was W1zz4RDxB4LLS or something absolutely stupid.

I think that the Sentry Guns are too strong, meaning they won't die unless you throw more than one grenade or knife the thing from behind. I've never destroyed one by shooting it. The bullet damage is fine on it (heck, it is a freaking mini-gun), but like I said, too much health.

Care Packages and Emergany Airdrops are awesome, but your teamates steal it from you a lot. I don't care if it is small, but I had a Chopper Gunner and I went for it, got shot from behind. It was my teammate and he stole it. (I was playing Hardcore)

Snipers are far too under powered. A shot to the face with a Barrett, no matter how far away I am to the target should be an instant kill. The Intervention (The only bolt action in the game) sucks. The WA2000 is okay, but I'm looking forward to getting the M21 EBR (No such thing, although a M14 EBR exists, and the M21 and M14 are similar. Confusing, eh?).

Just minor stuff like that. It doesn't wreck the game, just hinders it's potential.

Throwing knives are awesome! I got multiple kills by throwing it and it bounces off the pavement and into the enemy's sternum (Spell-check?). Very fun.

Tactical Insertions are useful, especially in objective games.

Claymores aren't good anymore, they delay too much before blast.

Haven't tried the C4 yet.

That is all I can think of for now.
The Ninja
Squire

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming