OR  

Left 4 Dead 2 Discussion

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Discussion

Postby Taylor » November 22nd, 2009, 8:31 pm

May I ask why?
Taylor
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » November 22nd, 2009, 10:46 pm

Kestral wrote:Pointless, yes. But I refuse to support Steam in any way.

This is what the Left 4 Dead 2 boycotters said, but half of them caved in and pre-ordered the game eventually. Now the leader of the boycott has shut down the whole operation. No one can resist something as good as Left 4 Dead 2, no matter what their morals are. ;)

If you don't want to support Steam, then why don't you just buy a retail copy of Left 4 Dead 2? Although you still have to use Steam to play it, technically you are not financially supporting Steam (but you are supporting Valve).
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » November 23rd, 2009, 3:17 am

Hah, I am missing all of the action.

Well, this game is awesome, just like I thought it would be. I have only played Dead Center and Dark Carnival so far (the first two campaigns) and I have three more to go. The game has endless amounts of fun. I would've beaten all of the campaigns by now, but I like to beat them with my friends first. The only problem I have seen so far is that stats and achievements keep resetting, which is very annoying. The achievements don't actually go away, but they don't show up on your Steam profile. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Otherwise, Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Grayfox » November 25th, 2009, 2:11 am

I'm grounded...

So I have to wait until Saturday (my birthday) to get it and play it.

Kestral...(it is called the Xbox...)
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

Postby Kestral » November 25th, 2009, 5:14 am

It's the use of Steam in general that disgusts me. Not the fact that I could download it, but the fact that I must use Steam to play this game. And what if two different people like my brother and I want to use the same copy? Can't happen.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Taylor » November 25th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Kestral wrote: And what if two different people like my brother and I want to use the same copy? Can't happen.

If that could happen, that would be horrible for Valve financially, because everyone would be doing that. Valve wants you to buy their games if you are going to play them...
Taylor
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45

Postby Xavier » November 26th, 2009, 1:23 am

Even if there was no Steam, you wouldn't be able to play together on separate computers because you would need two different CD keys. In fact, a lot PC games that don't use Steam require you to buy two separate copies if you wanted to play with your brother.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Kestral » November 26th, 2009, 1:26 am

Taylor wrote:
Kestral wrote: And what if two different people like my brother and I want to use the same copy? Can't happen.

If that could happen, that would be horrible for Valve financially, because everyone would be doing that. Valve wants you to buy their games if you are going to play them...

I'm talking about tangible retail copies, and not data copies. I doubt that there would be massive underground disc sharing operations.
Xavier wrote:Even if there was no Steam, you wouldn't be able to play together on separate computers because you would need two different CD keys.

When I wanted to install the Orange Box I had no intention to play online, but two people not being able to play each other shouldn't be much of a problem.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby StoneDead » December 27th, 2009, 5:50 am

steam is a great service, I'd still use it even if my games didn't require it

and if you want to share a copy with your brother so bad then just share your damn steam account

either that or buy it for the 360 but playing a valve game on a console is just criminal
StoneDead
Perma Banned
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13

Postby The Ninja » December 28th, 2009, 3:13 am

I'm not quite in the loop with the whole "STEAM is EVIL" thing, but I think that the Orange Box (Xbox 360) is a great game(s).
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming