OR  

Elder Scrolls vs Street Fighter

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

Elder Scrolls vs Street Fighter

Postby Jester Malice » April 4th, 2011, 8:13 pm

So I saw this match-up advertised on elderstats a few times in past couple days and it made me lol. Apparently, g4 decided to do game series match ups (without giving any more thought on that account). It was street fighter vs the elder scrolls and my oh my, I saw some really stupid posts from a majority of elder scrolls fans.

Hey, I'll come out and say it, I like both series. Street fighter revolutionized fighting games and practically brought Capcom to where it is today. The elder scrolls redefined the standard for WRPGs and gave Bethesda kingship over rpgs for some time. In all honesty, I'm glad the match up ended 48% to 52% in TES' favor but unfortunately, it revealed an ugly truth too.

Perhaps, I'm being a bit melodramatic when I state the following: A good majority of TES fans lack variety in gaming taste. It's either TES or GTFO with many of the fans, so I've noticed. Perhaps, it's because I visit sites like g4, gamefaqs, kongregate, etc etc and only seem to find the opinions of complete imbeciles. I haven't ever done an actual study or poll but I have noticed...things.

Maybe, I've just had a run of bad luck these past 3 years anytime I visit forums AND maybe TES players do like a variety of games, but I have YET to see otherwise. TES players will run the gauntlet to show their undying loyalty to the series...SF players will run the gauntlet to prove which character is the god tier and who can pull off the sickest combo (along with the occasional "Daigo? Scrub or Pro? discussions) but when it comes to best game (especially fighting genre), the answers range from SSF4 to clay fighter and anything betwixt the 2.

Such a sad stigma, this could turn out to be.

Now, onto the point (>) of the thread. Do people here solely prefer TES over any other game series or do you have an even greater guilty (GEAR!) pleasure?
Jester Malice
Beggar

Forum Posts: 19
Characters: 1

Re: Elder Scrolls vs Street Fighter

Postby The Ninja » April 5th, 2011, 9:03 pm

I LOVE the TES games, but I enjoy many other genres. So I am not a "TES or nothing" person. It makes me sad to hear that people are acting that way and giving us a bad reputation...
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Jester Malice » April 6th, 2011, 12:37 am

Lol tell me about it. The fanboys coming marching down and ruin it for other fans.
Jester Malice
Beggar

Postby The Ninja » April 6th, 2011, 10:13 pm

XD Indeed. Sorry to say it, but I've only played street fighter ONCE. And it was an old and well-used machine in an arcade/bowling alley with three malfunctioning buttons... I honestly have no experience with that series. :/
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Jester Malice » April 7th, 2011, 3:35 am

I'd say, to get a real taste of Street Fighter, start out with Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition, then try Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter Alpha 1/2/3 (thats up to you), Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, then Super Street Fighter 4.

That will give you a general idea of the evolution of the series at its key moments. It truly is a fantastic video game series that is also somehow capable of linking the older games in its series with its newer releases (by that, I mean the current games still rely heavily on tactics developed in the first games). The gameplay has changed, but in a way, it hasn't.
Jester Malice
Beggar

Postby Xavier » April 11th, 2011, 8:17 pm

I really don't understand those match-ups. They are two completely different genres. That's like comparing bananas to Fettuccine Alfredo. Makes no sense.

For fighting games, Mortal Kombat will always be my favorite. In fact, it's one of my top 3 favorite video game franchises. Been playing MK since as long as I could remember. For my sixth birthday, I had a MK themed cake. It was awesome.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » April 11th, 2011, 9:09 pm

XD I like the comparison. And it is so true.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Jester Malice » April 11th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Xavier wrote:I really don't understand those match-ups. They are two completely different genres. That's like comparing bananas to Fettuccine Alfredo. Makes no sense.

For fighting games, Mortal Kombat will always be my favorite. In fact, it's one of my top 3 favorite video game franchises. Been playing MK since as long as I could remember. For my sixth birthday, I had a MK themed cake. It was awesome.

This! Heck, they should just have another Halo vs Bust-A-Move match-up if they are gonna pull this stuff.
Jester Malice
Beggar

Return to General Gaming