OR  

Kids in ES 5

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Are kids essential in Elder Scrolls V?

No kids, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
16%
Kids, but they are essential
39%
Kids, they are not essential
45%

Total votes : 38

Re: Kids in ES 5

Postby The Ninja » February 28th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Lol, if that's possible, there will be plenty of family slaughter videos on youtube.... :(
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby cheesyrice » March 1st, 2011, 3:29 am

News

Adoring fan popularity drops-new fad is FAMILY MURDER :twisted:
You bored in oblivion? Go to Dagail's room in the Leyawin mages guild. have you done it? Are you laughing yet? No? Then check behind the old nut-heads bed and trust me you will laugh.
cheesyrice
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 4

Postby altmer_monk_0 » July 8th, 2011, 6:58 am

i think sex should be added most definately, if there cant be sex, there shouldnt be kids.
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Postby altmer_monk_0 » July 8th, 2011, 7:03 am

to cheesy rice:
ha thats funny
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Postby altmer_monk_0 » July 8th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Kestral wrote:
Tom wrote:
The Ninja wrote:And then there is the matter of toilets, but I'll save that for another day.

I think you mean outhouses. They didn't have toilets in medieval times, which is the sort of environment that the Elder Scrolls takes place in. ;)

Oblivion is not in the Medieval Times (Or Middle Ages, rather), or even greater, Tamriel.

To begin with, think about it. Does Morrowind really imply the Middle Ages? It doesn't imply anything. It implies fantasy.

In the Middle Ages were there Steam Powered Machines? (If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about take a trip to Morrowind)

Also, from Redguard, there were cannons. Cannons.

Cannons weren't in full practical use until the 15th century, which was right after the Middle Ages.

Once again, if you're going to protest:

Morrowind was not during a time of war. So no cannons were needed, or placed.
Oblivion, though in a time of war, the Imperial Legion was greatly off in other portions of the world. Presumably taking the canons. And if you're going to protest this, the Imperial Legion we see are greatly Guards. We rarely see soldiers. Small bands of them, which would indicate that they won't have cannons.

Also, read Disaster at Ionith, cannons.

Once more, the Middle Ages were not controlled by a central power. In Tamriel, the Imperial Legion acts as an allegory to the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire by the Middle Ages, as wall but a memory.

/rant :p

Also, let the kids in. It's Bethesda choice if we can kill 'em or not. I'd just get a mod that enables me to do so if they do, if they don't yay.

if oblivion has giant machines to extract sap from a tree im pretty sure they could have toilets too 8-)
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Postby redguard_master » August 29th, 2011, 6:28 am

They had sewers, the poo has to get there one way or another.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby redguard_master » September 13th, 2012, 7:07 am

Oh and to get it back to kids how does everyone feel about adoption in hearthfire.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby Karlan » July 19th, 2014, 11:53 pm

It is legal to depict child murder in games, but this comes with a mandatory AO rating from the ESRB. My guess is they won't lose sales over a small feature. The children in Fallout 2 could be blown up if I recall.
Karlan
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 1

Previous

Return to Skyrim Discussion