OR  

The Elder Scrolls V - General Discussion & News

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V

Postby The Ninja » June 8th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Yes! My thoughts exactly, Xavier. Imagine dual wielding war axes/clubs/short swords! You could strike twice as fast! And blocking would be even easier. Whenever I play "dual" with my friends, I choose two, one-sided, blades (imaginary, of course). They usually go for long weapons like the naginata (AKA hockey stick). Then you just make a sort of scissor with the "blades" and stop the hockey stick dead in it's tracks. Just an example of how blocking would work if you dual wield. Of course, your weapons would get damaged much more quickly that way, making the concept practical and realistic.
Last edited by The Ninja on June 10th, 2009, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » June 9th, 2009, 9:07 pm

The Ninja wrote:Of course, your weapons would get damaged much more quickly that way.

Well, that would be a good downside to dual-wielding weapons. Every good ability must have its downsides to be realistic.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 10th, 2009, 2:16 am

I'll go ahead and post this in the "Favorite Weapon?" thread, as it relates.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Grayfox » June 13th, 2009, 9:09 am

I would really appreciate if a guard up in Bruma didn't know I stole some apple from Leyawin.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » June 13th, 2009, 9:48 am

"didn't know I stole an apple..." XD
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » June 13th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Grayfox wrote:I would really appreciate if a guard up in Bruma didn't know I stole some apple from Leyawin.

That's one big problem that I have with Oblivion. If you steal an item, no matter how small, every guard in Cyrodiil knows that you stole it. What, do they have secret access to the Internet with GPS censors in every item in Cyrodiil, so that when someone steals any item every guard in Cyrodiil is immediately aware of it?

That's something that definitely needs to be fixed in TESV.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » June 13th, 2009, 5:26 pm

Yeah, that definitely needs to be fixed. I always hated that.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby J'Ghasta » June 13th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Tom wrote:
Grayfox wrote:I would really appreciate if a guard up in Bruma didn't know I stole some apple from Leyawin.

That's one big problem that I have with Oblivion. If you steal an item, no matter how small, every guard in Cyrodiil knows that you stole it. What, do they have secret access to the Internet with GPS censors in every item in Cyrodiil, so that when someone steals any item every guard in Cyrodiil is immediately aware of it?

That's something that definitely needs to be fixed in TESV.

It could be like if you steal an apple in Leyawiin they will know it in Bravil after a day,in Bruma after five days and in anvil after a week
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » June 13th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Morrowind was good about that. I'd steal anything, and when I did, as long as nobody was around, I'd always get away with it. I once robbed somebody blind in their own house. EVERY item was in my inventory (except her clothes, you can't take those unless she is dead.). Then I talked to her and she's like, "Good day, Bosmer. How may I help you?" I said, "You've helped me enough! I'm going to sell this stuff for at least 800 drakes!" So it was quite easy and simple to steal in Morrowind.
The Ninja
Squire

Re: TES-5

Postby souro » June 16th, 2010, 4:03 am

Xavier wrote:I think I have seen that article before. I guess I can wait another two years. I mean, I got Fallout 3 to hold me off right now. Then of course Black Mesa: Source is coming out next year sometime. Hopefully Half-Life 2: Episode Three will be out next year also. I'm also getting an Xbox 360 this month, so I'll be playing Guitar Hero IV and Halo 3 a lot. Plus, I think I am going to get Wii Fit also. So, I am pretty much set until The Elder Scrolls V comes out. 8-) Not that these games are just things to hold me off, they are all great games. Oh and in case you were wondering, Black Mesa: Source is the remake of Half-Life 1 using Valve's Source Engine, making it have Half-Life 2 graphics, or Half-Life 2: Episode 2 graphics really, since they updated the source engine. You can check it out here.

Anyway, about Elder Scrolls V. I wonder what they are gonna do this time. In my opinion, it would be cool to travel all over Tamriel, but that's a lot of land, the game would be frickin' huge.

i really do hope you dont think that would be a BAD thing, it would be AWSOME, if i got sick of morrowind, id go to the summerset isles and learn a bit of magic, there would also be plenty of monsters... i hope, theres a chance bethesda is gonna go cheap on us and put like... 5 monsters per area. then theres the mass amount of dungeons there are, sure the game would take up about... 40 gig, but its worth it, i think. even if there isnt all tamriel i would really hope it be better than oblivion, and better than morrowind, i also really really hope that if its only one area, it would be the summerset isles. mage freak, i know.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Skyrim Discussion