OR  

The Elder Scrolls V - General Discussion & News

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V

Postby Xavier » June 18th, 2010, 3:06 am

Nah, I think it would be a good thing. That would be awesome.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Debbycus » July 27th, 2010, 12:45 am

It would definitely be awesome, having a whole world to explore, not just a portion of a continent. However, I think it would require working out a lot of things, and I fear it wouldn't be anything close to detailed. As it is, I already found Oblivion to be much more shallow than Morrowind. For me, it only gave a sneak peak of what the world COULD be and left it at that. Plus I would also fear the system requirements for such a large world. :lol:

I myself also cross my fingers to see a few features in TESV. Like better voice acting, or none at all. No voices would mean longer dialogues, better explained quests. Also, MORE CHOICES for what you can/cannot or what you are required/requested to do. For instance, how about you could reject some quests or tell some NPCs off. I hated that for some quests, the only available answer was "Sure!", not unlike the Adoring Fan's attitude...
Some other joinable factions would be nice. I might the only one when I think that the three main guilds (Fighters, Thieves and Mages) are getting a bit old. How about necromancy? Or whatever new exotic group that fits the new region of TESV.
I would also like to see a different start. Being freshly released from jail is not enough for me anymore -- it still implies a past life, experience, attitude... It would be nice if the player could choose a background and history, perhaps follow the PC through their childhood then teen years, with choices to determine how the character could/would turn out. But I'd be happy with a simple test/quiz that does the same thing, with the ability to change everything before you step into the "real world" (seriously, that feature is awesome).
Lastly, I wouldn't complain if we had a bit more insight into the Dwemer and Ayleid cultures, specifically their languages. I realise that Bethesda is not Tolkien, but the random scrawlings that they threw at us in Morrowind's Dwemer books were just ridiculous. The text in the Bible of the Deep Ones (found in Hackdirt's Chapel) is only a tad better; but I have high hopes regarding the Ayleid language. I have just finished the Mages Guild quest at Vahtacen, and from the brief look at the Ayleid reference book, I think it actually looked consistent. [/language geek]

I have a lot more preferences, but all in all, I would be happy to see TESV out in a year or two. Also, first post, pleased to meet you all! :D
Debbycus
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » July 27th, 2010, 2:57 am

Welcome to The Elder Stats! Always nice to see a new visitor to the forums. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby souro » July 28th, 2010, 9:06 am

i just noticed something, whos gonna be the one getting our hides skinned? mehrunes is gone, and that is kinda the only guy that wanted to take over tamriel. ill tell you one thing, i wont miss the oblivion gates.

theres also the matter of the emperor, there isnt one, so that leaves something to be desired too.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby Straldhardt » August 5th, 2010, 8:34 am

Maybe start with Skyrim, then make a DLC for the other Provinces of Tamriel. I miss spears, though. Please put'em back.
Straldhardt
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » August 5th, 2010, 9:22 am

Straldhardt wrote:I miss spears, though. Please put'em back.

And, for Pete's sake, make them NOT suck bollucks...
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby The Ninja » December 2nd, 2010, 6:28 am

So... Late 2010... Any word about TES V?
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » December 3rd, 2010, 4:03 am

You would think they'd have something to say. I received an update from Gamespot a month or two ago for Oblivion that speculated that TESV may actually pick up where Oblivion left off, but I'm not sure from where the concept arose or if there is any validity to it.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » December 3rd, 2010, 5:14 pm

I wouldn't like that. Fresh starts are the best starts, methinks.

The only thing that I care most about it advancment is a better physics engine. I mean, I played Oblivion recently and was bewildered by the physics. I didn't notice how bad they were until I compared them to other games that take Oblivion's place. :/

That and a few other things to spice up, and it should be a great game. Close combat should be a little less hectic also. It shouldn't be something you run into swinging your weapon as fast as you can. I was thinkting that there could be a certain combo system. Not like DMC or anything, but it would do something like switch to third person mode, and give your options for actions you may take in your current stance/motion. Then, it calculates what theenemy was oging to do, and the three options given may either be "super effective," normal, or not very efective. Like if you were to box the enemy's ears? Oh, wait. Bad move. He had a helmet. And now he can counter you unless you are lucky enough to choose the right defense.

You see what I mean? A little complicated, but it would make some epic boss battles, or anything one-v-one.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby The Ninja » December 16th, 2010, 6:21 am

Finnaly! Word from Bethesda! Land of the Nords!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zot3IUro ... r_embedded
The Ninja
Squire

PreviousNext

Return to Skyrim Discussion