OR  

Recruiting

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: Recruiting

Postby WolfGang IceEye » November 20th, 2008, 2:50 am

i would love to join Tom, oh by the way what kind of stats are going to be on the website?
Anonymous: Because None Of Us Are As Cruel As All Of Us.
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Forum Posts: 147
Characters: 0

Postby Teinaava » November 20th, 2008, 4:17 am

I would also like to join and help out.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » November 20th, 2008, 4:33 am

Thanks, guys. We are going to need to fill a few positions in staffing for The Elder Stats. The main groups that will be part of this website (besides the forum admins and moderators) is the Website Support Team and the Board of Moderation. The Website Support Team will be put to use once The Elder Stats website is finished. The Website Support Team will help to answer any questions that other members have about using The Elder Stats website to post their characters. Also, the Website Support Team can notify me if any members post website bugs that they have found. Once The Elder Stats website is completed, there will be a new forum made called The Elder Stats Website Support. Members will be able to post bug reports and ask for help in that forum. The second group is the Board of Moderation. The Board of Moderation will check through each new stat submission and make sure that it is legitimate. If they feel that it is illegitimate, they have the authority to remove the stat, and/or send a PM to the member who posted the stat asking for proof to back it up. These are the two major groups that we need people to join for The Elder Stats website, once it is completed. I think that most of you guys are going to be able to help fill those positions for me. I trust you guys more than I would trust new members.

WolfGang IceEye wrote:oh by the way what kind of stats are going to be on the website?

If you bring up your journal in Oblivion (usually by pressing "Tab") and click on the tab furthest to the left, you can see that there are five sections where some statistics are mentioned about your character. Well, you will be able to post every single one of those stats (including your skills and skill levels for each) in your character's profile for everyone to see. What you do is, once you are registered (which you are), you go to the "UCP" tab and you will be able to create a new character to post stats for on The Elder Stats website. This will all come when the website is completed. I will fill you in more as development progresses. The important thing to note about The Elder Stats website so far is that it will allow you to post anywhere from 100 to 200 stats about your character, as well as uploading a picture of your character. Also, it will be organized in a nice-looking manor that will be very appealing to viewers. There will also be a "Share My Stats" link at the bottom of each character's profile that you can click to e-mail or PM your character's profile to other people to show off your stats. And, in future versions of The Elder Stats website, there will be a "Compare" button next to each stat, which will allow you to see where you rank compared to other members in that specific stat. Overall, it will be a very nice and useful website for Oblivion fans.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » November 20th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Yes, it's going to look awesome. I can't wait till it's fully done. From what Tom has shown me, the setup looks really nice.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Teinaava » November 21st, 2008, 9:08 pm

Tom wrote:The main groups that will be part of this website (besides the forum admins and moderators) is the Website Support Team and the Board of Moderation.

Is the Board of Moderation different from the Moderators?
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby The Raven » November 21st, 2008, 9:17 pm

Actually, i would also like to join the website support team.
Man, i can't wait to when the site is up :cry:
The Raven
Protector

Forum Posts: 100

Postby Xavier » November 21st, 2008, 9:44 pm

Teinaava wrote:
Tom wrote:The main groups that will be part of this website (besides the forum admins and moderators) is the Website Support Team and the Board of Moderation.

No it's the same.

By the way, the moderators are called Imperial Watch. 8-)
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » November 21st, 2008, 11:26 pm

Xavier wrote:
Teinaava wrote:

No it's the same.

No, it's not the same. The Imperial Watch group is for forum moderators. The Board of Moderation moderates the website and all entries posted to make sure they are valid. I may combine the two groups in the future, but for now they are two separate entities.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The King » November 22nd, 2008, 2:07 am

Since the website isn't finished the board of moderation doesn't really exist does it? If it does, it doesn't have a purpose/ability to do anything yet.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220

Postby Tom » November 22nd, 2008, 5:17 pm

That's correct - the Board of Moderation does not yet exist. I will create this group once The Elder Stats website is completed, which is probably only around a month or two away.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion