OR  

OMG Talk About Lame!

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

OMG Talk About Lame!

Postby Nekhron » September 5th, 2016, 12:22 pm

My HD had a catastrophic failure, for the second time. I had to buy new HD, and this time I bought a different make and brand. I have to start everything all over for Oblivion as the backup disc I had for that was nowhere to be found. I DID find my Skyrim disc though.

I am most unhappy at this turn of events :cry:
Nekhron
Beggar

Forum Posts: 10
Characters: 2

Re: OMG Talk About Lame!

Postby Tom » September 5th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Ah that's a shame. :( Are you sure you can't recover the data from the old hard drive? I've been told that TestDisk is a really useful program for recovering data from corrupted drives, so it might be worth looking into.

In any case, sorry to hear about your lost data.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: OMG Talk About Lame!

Postby Nekhron » September 18th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Tom wrote:Ah that's a shame. :( Are you sure you can't recover the data from the old hard drive? I've been told that TestDisk is a really useful program for recovering data from corrupted drives, so it might be worth looking into.

In any case, sorry to hear about your lost data.

I will try it, thanks!
Nekhron
Beggar

Forum Posts: 10
Characters: 2

Return to The Lounge