OR  

Worst Film You've Ever Watched

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Worst Film You've Ever Watched

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 13th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Have you watched any films or programmes that you really wish you hadn't? Any tales of nightmares, boredom, or just hatred of the film?

My list:

Braveheart, fantasy that passes itself off as fiction. Well-written, just too many people take it seriously when it's not got one historical fact in it.
Highlander, same as above, and the fact that it desecrated the lands of sacral clan royalty when it was being filmed.
De a-nis, not a film but just a really, really bad idea for a programme.

What's yours?
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Re: Worst Film You've Ever Watched

Postby J'Ghasta » April 16th, 2009, 4:01 pm

The best summer (den bästa sommaren in swedish) is a totaly worthless film. I saw it with the school,everyone had to watch it, no one liked it
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 16th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Agh, school films. We had to watch Highlander (funny that - Gaelic education yet they show a film in English). Or we would have had to watch it if someone hadn't intervened...
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Xavier » April 16th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Romeo & Juliet (The Modern Version).

One of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. They speak Old English in modern times and the things that happen in the movie are just weird and stupid. I had to watch it in school and no one liked it. The beginning was really stupid, and the characters were terrible. The actress of Juliet sucked and she wasn't even that good looking for the part. Such a bad movie, don't watch it.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 16th, 2009, 9:00 pm

Too late, I've seen that as well. Note that when he fires off about ten rounds into Tybalt - it's the same gun that, earlier, only had one bullet in.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 7:28 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:Note that when he fires off about ten rounds into Tybalt - it's the same gun that, earlier, only had one bullet in.

And, as expected, bad movies usually have bad scripting. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Kestral » April 17th, 2009, 7:58 am

Two movies come to my knowledge, and both are B rated.

"March of the Elephants" (Or was it Elephant March)
This was basically a poor love story with elephants stampeding through towns. Don't ask why, there was never a reason, the Elephants just came marching in randomly and start a fire randomly with a flower pot.

"The Yeti"
Honestly... B rated horror movies are the worst. You can see the guy in the costume for one, and half the time it's a puppet, and you can usually see the stick the puppet is on if you pay enough attention.

For the people who're thinking I hate 30's-60's movies, I just hate B-Rated movies. The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't bad. Haven't seen Casablanca however.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » April 17th, 2009, 8:02 am

Kestral wrote:For the people who're thinking I hate 30's-60's movies, I just hate B-Rated movies. The Day the Earth Stood Still wasn't bad.

That movie was out in the mid-1900's? I had thought that the version that came out just this past year was the newest one. Hmm, I guess it was a remake.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 17th, 2009, 3:38 pm

Most films that seem old actually are ;)

They're at least based on something old, like Frankenstein or Jeklly and Hyde.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Katherine » April 18th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Cloverfield
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Next