OR  

Site Name Suggestion

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Which is the better name for a gaming website? (Poll Has Ended)

Poll ended at May 17th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Optical Gamer
20%
Optic Gamer
80%

Total votes : 10

Site Name Suggestion

Postby Tom » May 16th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Xavier and I are thinking of developing a new website based on general gaming news, reviews, etc. and other gaming stuff. It's under development now, and we're trying to come up with a name. We were thinking that we'd go with a name like Optical Gamer - that was our original name choice. However, we thought that a choice such as Optic Gamer (minus the al) would be a better choice for a name because it is shorter and easier to remember. Anyway, what do you guys think? I have a poll in this topic, and please vote there as well as reply to this topic to give us your suggestion. We're trying to stick within the lines of either Optical Gamer or Optic Gamer, so we're not really asking if anyone has any suggestions for a different name for the site. Unless you have a completely awesome name for a gaming website, please just tell us which one you like more: Optical Gamer or Optic Gamer.

Thanks a lot, guys! We appreciate your feedback on this new project.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: Site Name Suggestion

Postby The Black Arrow » May 17th, 2009, 4:52 am

Optic Gamer for sure.
Has a nice ring.
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Postby Joe » May 18th, 2009, 12:04 am

Optical Gamer sounds to dragged out. Optic is short and sweet.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91
Characters: 1

Postby Teinaava » May 21st, 2009, 7:56 pm

I prefer "Optic Gamer" as it sounds better. The "al" in "optical" makes the name sound awkward.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Mr. Oblivion » May 30th, 2009, 7:29 am

Optic Gamer

Just make sure you keep in mind about abbreviations as well :)

Right now it would OG, which is short and cool. Good luck and make sure you post the site, I will definitely join!
UESPWiki - Mentor | OblivionCC
Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance...
Mr. Oblivion
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » May 30th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Thanks! After I developed The Elder Stats and got it completed, I was glad that it was done - but I'm a developer who can never be truly happy unless I have another project to work on. So, seeing that a gaming website driven by user-submitted content could become quite popular, I decided to make that my next web project. I am still planning on doing a lot with The Elder Stats, though (especially this Summer). I'll be sure to give you guys updates and screenshots of the site as development progresses.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Ninja » June 2nd, 2009, 11:00 pm

Optic gamer is way better. It's like Sarcastic Gamer. Not Sarcastical Gamer... :lol:
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Xavier » June 2nd, 2009, 11:19 pm

Well, it seems most of the people think Optic Gamer is the best idea, so we'll go with that. Thanks for your input guys!
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » June 2nd, 2009, 11:26 pm

Yes, thank you, guys! We have made our decision: Optic Gamer. I thought that was the better name, but I just wanted to check with some fellow gamers before I made the final decision. I'll keep you posted on the development progress of the Optic Gamer website. It should really start to kick off this Summer, and I'm hoping to have it finished by late August, at the earliest. If anyone has any suggestions for the Optic Gamer website, please post them here. I'm always willing to take suggestions for my website projects.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Kestral » June 3rd, 2009, 3:30 am

Tom wrote:Yes, thank you, guys! We have made our decision: Optic Gamer. I thought that was the better name, but I just wanted to check with some fellow gamers before I made the final decision. I'll keep you posted on the development progress of the Optic Gamer website. It should really start to kick off this Summer, and I'm hoping to have it finished by late August, at the earliest. If anyone has any suggestions for the Optic Gamer website, please post them here. I'm always willing to take suggestions for my website projects.

Perhaps there's developer positions? :p
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Next

Return to The Lounge