OR  

Sports

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Re: Sports

Postby Tom » December 3rd, 2008, 1:17 am

As my avatar suggests, I am a huge fan of the Philadelphia Phillies, who have just won the World Series in the USA this year. I traveled to go to their championship parade and had a great time. It was nice to see the team I've followed for so long in baseball finally win it all. It meant a lot to me.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby WolfGang IceEye » December 3rd, 2008, 1:23 am

I never really got baseball and soccer... okay in Europe it is called foot ball and we don't have your "foot ball" but we do have rugby,And baseball seems fun but I never really got all the rules :x
Anonymous: Because None Of Us Are As Cruel As All Of Us.
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Forum Posts: 147
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » December 3rd, 2008, 1:25 am

There are a lot of rules to baseball, but I have been able to memorize each one because I have been watching games since I was very young. Some of the most obscure rules in baseball are foul bunts counting as strikes, balks, and the infield fly rule. I understand all three of those rules, but they are still quite obscure when compared to most other sports.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby WolfGang IceEye » December 3rd, 2008, 1:27 am

There are a lot of rules to baseball, but I have been able to memorize each one because I have been watching games since I was very young. Some of the most obscure rules in baseball are foul bunts counting as strikes, balks, and the infield fly rule. I understand all three of those rules, but they are still quite obscure when compared to most other sports

The first word that came into mind was....what?
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Postby Xavier » December 3rd, 2008, 1:28 am

WolfGang IceEye wrote:
There are a lot of rules to baseball, but I have been able to memorize each one because I have been watching games since I was very young. Some of the most obscure rules in baseball are foul bunts counting as strikes, balks, and the infield fly rule. I understand all three of those rules, but they are still quite obscure when compared to most other sports

Haha. Yeah. I guess you have to be an American. :) I didn't mean that in a bad way, though.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » December 3rd, 2008, 1:31 am

Xavier wrote:
WolfGang IceEye wrote:

Haha. Yeah. I guess you have to be an American.

Well, not necessarily. The Japanese are very good at baseball and they play year-round, in some areas of their country. Also, some of the best players in the MLB are from the Dominican Republic and Latin America. So, even though baseball is "America's pastime," many people in other countries are still knowledgeable, in respects to baseball. I do understand why you said that, though.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby WolfGang IceEye » December 3rd, 2008, 1:32 am

I grew up in America and I didn't even know what it was then.... :oops:...but I do still like watching it from time to time.
(okay how amazing is my spelling :D )
WolfGang IceEye
Protector

Postby Xavier » December 3rd, 2008, 1:41 am

Haha. Your spelling is quite amazing. :lol:
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The King » December 3rd, 2008, 4:13 am

Arsenal lost it's game in the Carling Cup to bloody Burnley.

I hadn't even heard of this team until they beat us, they are basically lucky,bloody trash that lucked out. We lost 2-0.

AAARRGHHHHHHHHH.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220

Postby Joe » December 3rd, 2008, 8:48 pm

Tom wrote:There are a lot of rules to baseball, but I have been able to memorize each one because I have been watching games since I was very young. Some of the most obscure rules in baseball are foul bunts counting as strikes, balks, and the infield fly rule. I understand all three of those rules, but they are still quite obscure when compared to most other sports.

Yeah, I got the hang of them pretty easily. It was confusing at first though. I hate the infield fly rule though.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91
Characters: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge