OR  

What is so cool about ninjas?

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Re: What is so cool about ninjas?

Postby Kestral » October 21st, 2009, 12:45 am

*Sigh*

Let's take it from the top now...

Oral History is a fickle thing, everyone has their own opinion on it. My great-great aunt was sent to live in Italy because her parents couldn't support her, my grandmother doesn't say much of this, but my mother deems it as bad. In fact, the great-great aunt is the only one out of 8 children to not have a family, or even a child that was at least conceived. (Not birthed.) And this may not be the exact rendition. My great-grandmother, her very sister, could have said something totally different. As my great-great grandmother or great-great grandfather. See a pattern here?

Everyone has their own idea how something happened, to say Oral History is a reliable source is to say that my family is related from Mussolini. There's no backing, and how many of you people would think that I was if I did say it? Right. I can say that my other great-grandfather served Pancho-Villa, as I have proof.

So, I wonder if an centuries old oral history is reliable in an argument anywhere. Hm...

Another thing is that Grayfox is correct. Well, about you not having a source. Do you know who my uncle is? If I told you he was a Senator would you believe me? If I told you that he's an expert historian with a p.H.D in Japanese History, would you believe me? Well, if I did, you really shouldn't on the counts of:
  • You don't know who my uncle is.
  • My uncle isn't any of the above. He's a doctor, and I literally have proof on the Internet.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Grayfox » October 21st, 2009, 1:39 am

My uncle is a phsycologist (Man I can't spell today) getting his postdoc and teaching/researching at Brown University. He studies on how injuries, mostly car accidents, effect the brain. You have to have proof.

Kestral, are you saying I'm not correct :P

Ok guys, off the uncle thingy, now back onto the Ninja. What else do you boys have.

Read the battle records, the ancient books, historian discoveries and records.

Ninja's were NOT some of the greatest assassins ever. They were used mostly to disrupt. THERE IS NO PROOF of them being good Assassins.

ZIP.

They were Japan(ized). You have no facts, nothing. Once you read at least 700,000 words relating to East Asia (China, India, Mongolia, Japan, Korea, Eastern Russia, etc.) Then you can come bring something.
Last edited by Grayfox on October 21st, 2009, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

Postby The Ninja » October 21st, 2009, 1:42 am

Alright. You have a very good argument. I give you credit for that, BUT...

Technically, yes, it is oral history. But, he made it clear that it was to be strictly history, and only that. If they DID opinionate the history, then you would be right. It would cont for nothing. BUT they don't. It is practically sacred to them, (as it should be).

PS: "Boys?" It is only me here. Giving you guys the exact quotes from the Ninjitsu Master/Ninja Expert... my uncle.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Grayfox » October 21st, 2009, 1:55 am

Ninjitsu is bullS***

It is a bunch of trash and the art of guerilla warfare that the Ninjas made up. I'll give them credit for the fighting style, but really, guerrilla warfare was known through the world.

Japan was pretty much isolated though. That's why the Ninja's get credited for inventing guerrilla warfare...

They actually invented it in Japan, but in reality, the Japanese military strategy/weapons/armor was inferior to foreign power.

That will be explained tomorrow through a long big huge essay (basically).

Now I must sleep...See you boys later.
Grayfox
Protector

Postby Kestral » October 21st, 2009, 2:36 am

The Ninja wrote:Alright. You have a very good argument. I give you credit for that, BUT...

Technically, yes, it is oral history. But, he made it clear that it was to be strictly history, and only that. If they DID opinionate the history, then you would be right. It would cont for nothing. BUT they don't. It is practically sacred to them, (as it should be).

PS: "Boys?" It is only me here. Giving you guys the exact quotes from the Ninjitsu Master/Ninja Expert... my uncle.

Exactly how do you know if those aren't opinionated? How do we know that they're exact? They opinionated it, there's also a very good chance that ninjas were only legend. Even if they did, they weren't assassins. They were mercenaries.
Kestral
Brawler

Postby The Ninja » October 21st, 2009, 3:08 am

It is exact BECAUSE: They had several sessions where they would recite the story by heart, and correction would be in the form of punishment. STRICT! I SAY!
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Taylor » October 22nd, 2009, 12:32 am

What is your uncle's name?
Taylor
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45

Postby The Ninja » October 22nd, 2009, 7:02 pm

Taylor wrote:What is your uncle's name?

Will not say last name for security reasons. But "Paul".
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Grayfox » October 23rd, 2009, 1:31 am

You have nothing...

Ninjas were on the historical record, its just, well, they weren't that good. Most ninja stories were just fiction, being only legend.

Ninja, stop posting, now, because all you do is flood post "my uncle..."

We don't care to tell you the truth. You have no fact to back up your opinion, and it would be best for you to be quiet. No offense intended, I am just giving you a suggestion to protect your identity.
Grayfox
Protector

Postby Kestral » October 23rd, 2009, 3:39 am

The Ninja wrote:It is exact BECAUSE: They had several sessions where they would recite the story by heart, and correction would be in the form of punishment. STRICT! I SAY!

Well my uncle had strict lessons on how to roundhouse kick with Chuck Norris!

Their equivalent, see the reliability?
Kestral
Brawler

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge