OR  

Battle for Castle Domrose

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Battle for Castle Domrose

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » July 5th, 2009, 10:17 pm

Earlier today, I gathered fifty Ashlanders with battleaxes, claymores, and bows to take the walls of Castle Domrose, in the mountain forests between Chorrol and Bruma. The garrison was of equal number, of Imperial Legion soldiers, trained and disciplined. Their camp followers fled inside as Clanholder Nirabi, one of my finest warriors and advisors, led a group of archers onto a rock which looked out on the wooden bridge which crossed the valley between the Ashland army and the Imperial fortifications.

I gathered the rest of the soldiers, and stormed the bridge, cutting down the defenders, many of whom were militia and fled back to the big buildings as soon as my soldiers revealed that they had bottled magic. The charge took fire and sword to the gatehouse, where the Imperial archers scattered my ranks. But we could continue the fight, as we lit fires near the walls and piled whatever we could find in an attempt to scale the walls, until an Imperial archer fired a shot at the ashkhan (my character), and knocked her back. The arrow had struck her leg and she gathered her bodyguards, attempting to flee the field without being seen, but as she walked back across the bridge, with her bodyguards being shot around her with fire and frost, she saw an arrow strike Clanholder Nirabi. She fell from the rock.

Although the ashkhan got most of the soldiers away from the battlefield, her bodyguards and her friend had been slain by the Imperials.

:D
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Re: Battle for Castle Domrose

Postby The Raven » July 6th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Wow....That must have been an epic battle :D

It sure does sound f'in awesome.

Some questions for you though.

1. What difficulty are you playing on?

2. What mods are you using :shock:?
The Raven
Protector

Forum Posts: 100
Characters: 0

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » July 6th, 2009, 10:17 pm

1. Normal.

2. The only ones that really matter here (although I'm using a load of others) is Castle Domrose, with my own garrison of Imperial soldiers in it, and a simple one that I did without using the construction set, only console commands, that helped me create my own army. I'm also using a few that make archery powerful, including Thieves Arsenal, and that improve combat so you can fight with almost anything (I fought with a spoon at this battle, to boost morale :lol: ).
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Legolastom » July 15th, 2009, 10:54 pm

You assaulted a guarded fortification with the same number of troops at the garrison and without any siege equipment?

I feel sorry for your troops.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » July 19th, 2009, 6:42 pm

I don't need siege equipment. Usually I just pile a load of stuff at the walls, which I tried to do this time, or use arrows from a mod to get my main character up there to defeat the enemy archers when attacking smaller fortifications. Of course, this time the ground was a slope, so it wouldn't have worked anyway (it isn't easy to tell when you're looking up at the ramparts from a river beneath them) ;)
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Legolastom » July 20th, 2009, 4:35 pm

On the subject of fighting the empire, if the next game is set in the summerset isles I think there is a very likely chance that the main quest will focus on a rebellion or something.
Legolastom
Citizen

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » July 20th, 2009, 11:10 pm

It'd be interesting. The empire has been little more than a confidence trick for several years - that was explained at the beginning of the main quest in Morrowind, and has been obvious since Daggerfall. Consider that there is a civil war in Morrowind with the assistance of warriors from Skyrim, a Khajiiti insurgency in Cyrodiil, and a Nordic invasion of Solstheim, and the Imperial Legion is nowhere to be seen, nor is it defending Imperial trade in Summerset Isle or the cities in Cyrodiil from attack.

But, unless Bethesda decides to update some of the established lore, it's pretty much impossible. The Empire doesn't actually control Summerset Isle, local wizards do. There are powerful groups in every province that ignore the empire:

Morrowind - the Ashlanders, House Telvanni, and House Dres
Skyrim - the glacier tribes, most of the northern cities
Hammerfell - the Alik'r nomads, the Crowns
Black Marsh - almost no Imperial presence
Valenwood - almost no Imperial presence in the forest
Summerset Isle - almost no Imperial presence further inland, away from the major cities with the exception of Firsthold
High Rock - many independent valley clans
Cyrodiil - the Renrijra Krin occupy many areas in the south of the province, and the Colovian Highlands are entirely lawless
Elsweyr - the northern tribal chiefs

The empire's just a confidence trick. The next game will probably focus on its collapse, as if there was a large rebellion against it it simply would not be able to retaliate.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Legolastom » July 21st, 2009, 11:21 am

But I thought the Legion was focused in like Black marsh?

But if there were to be a rebellion and the closest ancestors to mans oldest foe and the Psjic order would be the ones to do it.
Legolastom
Citizen

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » July 22nd, 2009, 8:19 pm

The Legion in Black Marsh? According to MK the Argonians had to fight the Daedra themselves - and were pretty successful at it. From what I can gather from the Eastern Provinces and Ocato's dialogue, it seems like most of the Imperial Legion is still in Morrowind. But what they're doing there I don't know. They've not taken sides in the civil war.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby Legolastom » July 23rd, 2009, 7:03 pm

If I remember correctly I think the Imperial Legion have conquered like half of black marsh and the other half of tribals are still fighting back (I might be completely wrong though). Also who is MK?

There is a civil war in Morrowind? I don’t remember hearing about that, but about Morrowind itself initiating the rebellion I might agree with you now, I was playing Morrowind earlier and one of the NPCs mentioned that if the Imperial legion are recalled to Cyrodil for some reason, that house Hlaalu would have no qualms about fighting for independence or something like that.
Legolastom
Citizen

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion