OR  

custom class, part 2

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

custom class, part 2

Postby maslany xtlx » August 4th, 2009, 2:13 am

So I was brainstorming a class yesterday, which i posted asking for advice. thank you to those who responded. i thought on it, and did 2-3 new characters until i found a new custom class i liked. (this all means another sleepless oblivion night of course).

I came out, surprisingly just messing around, with a decent custom class i call "Dark Knight"

Female Nord.
Sign: Mage
Favored Attributes: Strength and Intelligence
7 Major Skills: Blade, Blunt, Marksmanship, Acrobatics, Conjuration, Destruction, Mercantile

Note: I was going to go with a Dunmer, but I wanted to do a female character for once and I think female elves are ugly. I know its a dumb reason, but it makes me happier lol. I dont want to stare at an ugly character for 100+ hours.

Any opinions, comments, advice? Questions?
maslany xtlx
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 1

Re: custom class, part 2

Postby Teinaava » August 4th, 2009, 5:04 am

maslany xtlx wrote:Note: I was going to go with a Dunmer, but I wanted to do a female character for once and I think female elves are ugly. I know its a dumb reason, but it makes me happier lol. I dont want to stare at an ugly character for 100+ hours.

Any opinions, comments, advice? Questions?

If you want a really attractive character, you could make a female Argonian.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Grayfox » August 4th, 2009, 5:47 am

Ok, Lets go over what I said earlier, in more detail.

With this character, it looks like a disoriented battlemage-warrior, who pretty much would just balance out with no strength. There is nothing to enhance anything. You have 4 weapon skills. You will not use all of those I am sure. You have two close up combat ones, a magic one, and marksman. You don't need blade and blunt, for, if you fight close up, you only need one. You only need to use one type of weapon. On the ranged part, you won't use both of those either. In fact, it would probably be better for you, if you want a battlemage, to just stick with Magic and Blade. Next, you need protection. If you plan on fighting close up, you need armor, otherwise, the Daedra are going to spank you, and you will go home to your mother crying. If you aren't going to fight up close, then you aren't a battlemage, but a mage. If that is so, get a Breton, and get a straight up mage. If you plan to fight upclose, drop one of the combat skills, and the marksman, and get some armor.

As for conjuration, you can get good at that without it being a skill, but if you are a mage, go ahead and do it. Also, pick something better and more productive than mercantile.

From the way I am viewing it, you are stuck between a battlemage and a mage. You play like one, but want to try the other.

Warriors- Good

Stealth Assassins, Thieves- Good

Mages-Good

BattleMages- Good

Stealth Warriors- Good

Stealth Mages- That really doesn't work, and isn't popular.

Hybrids from all 3- Some people may have a different opinion, but I don't see too any of those work.

A Mage BattleMage- No. Your character has the weaknesses of both, and not many of the strengths of both..

You are borderlined between the two. Your style is like one, and you want to try the other. Pick one, get a good race for him, and a good birthsign.

Every BattleMage isn't a pure one. He will lean to Combat or Magic (Which one will I use?)

This should be decided between the warrior and the mage, depending on which technique, magic or combat, you will use the most.

Magic is good to use in some situations, so is combat. Which one will you use the most?

Pick one, a good race, your birthsigns, the needed skills, and some enhancement skills.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » August 12th, 2009, 5:52 am

maslany xtlx wrote:Female Nord.
Sign: Mage
Favored Attributes: Strength and Intelligence
7 Major Skills: Blade, Blunt, Marksmanship, Acrobatics, Conjuration, Destruction, Mercantile

Why acrobatics? Go with athletics instead. And why Mercantile?
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Xavier » August 12th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Acrobatics pwns. The jumps are so useful.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » August 13th, 2009, 4:44 am

Yeah, but it is leveled up so easily. I do agree on those jumps though. When a fireball is flying at me, I just roll or leap out of the way.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » August 13th, 2009, 6:37 am

Not to mention that, if you're a Master of Acrobatics, you can jump across bodies of water without having to wear an enchanted necklace. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » August 13th, 2009, 6:38 pm

VERY true. That is always fun, just bounding across the Imperial Moat... I did it once, very ideal for a ninja character.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Grayfox » August 16th, 2009, 7:15 pm

His character is a disoriented fish...

It has no specialty...

(Not trying to offend)
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » August 17th, 2009, 11:21 pm

For reference, the latest two posts have been deleted in this topic. Please stop the spamming all around the forum.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Return to Oblivion Discussion