OR  

Modern Warfare 2

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Postby The Ninja » December 31st, 2009, 8:00 am

Kestral wrote:Although, I do hate the level with the Favela gangs. Too many of the guys, and they are everywhere.

True that. You kill three with half a mag, turn around, there are 10 more looking you in the face.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby J'Ghasta » January 6th, 2010, 9:30 pm

I find playing online quite simple. I've never played any other games in the Call of Duty-series and yet I manage to come at top three almost every game I play. And I'm level 20
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » January 8th, 2010, 10:14 pm

First prestige! Level 22 or somewhere around there.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Xavier » January 9th, 2010, 12:24 am

I have played most of the campaign (haven't finished it yet). It's pretty good I think. I especially like the snow levels.

That level with the airport freaked me out though. I didn't like it all. I just walked through and didn't kill anybody, except the SWAT Teams (or whatever they are in Russia).
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » January 9th, 2010, 12:25 am

Xavier wrote:That level with the airport freaked me out though. I didn't like it all. I just walked through and didn't kill anybody, except the SWAT Teams (or whatever they are in Russia).

Yeah, there's been a lot of controversy over that one level. There was a huge discussion about it over at phpBB.com, and I thought some very interesting points were brought up (including my own) in that topic.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » January 9th, 2010, 12:35 am

You have the option to skip that level, but I am just surprised that Infinity Ward put that level in their game. It just seems strange to me. The whole time I was in that level I was thinking: "What if that happened when I was in an airport."

I know it's just a game, but it still made me feel weird.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » January 10th, 2010, 3:15 am

Xavier wrote:I have played most of the campaign (haven't finished it yet). It's pretty good I think. I especially like the snow levels.

Ditto. The snow levels are IW's trophies. The ones I like most are the silenced sniper missions.

Xavier wrote:That level with the airport freaked me out though. I didn't like it all. I just walked through and didn't kill anybody, except the SWAT Teams (or whatever they are in Russia).

Same.

Xavier wrote:You have the option to skip that level, but I am just surprised that Infinity Ward put that level in their game. It just seems strange to me. The whole time I was in that level I was thinking: "What if that happened when I was in an airport."

Hide in one of the shops and pray to God that no one noob tubes you.

So, I am beginning the last level and going through the caves in my progress. I won't tell how it ends (though I know and it makes me driven to complete it), but it is awesome. As of right now, I have all achievements but these (41 of 50 Achievements) :

For the Record

The Price of War

Off the Grid

Pit Boss

Ghost

Honor Roll

Star 69

The Road Less Traveled

Leave No Stone Unturned

That is what I have left. I can get all the underlined ones in one night (hopefully tonight!).
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » January 16th, 2010, 8:49 pm

I liked the airport level. It was needed to make the game's story better. If that part wasn't a level, exactly how would the rest of the story play out? Sure it may be mentioned, but then people would complain about not doing that. It also makes the game interesting, because it shows that Infinity Ward isn't going to forsake a well written storyline because some people got 'angry.'
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » January 16th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Yes, but if you DID skip it, the beginning of the intro video to the next level shows the civilians that are dead with many shells laying around... The point gets through.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » January 17th, 2010, 7:29 pm

No, it doesn't. That just says to people, 'People dead.' It gets no point across whatsoever because you, the player, didn't see it firsthand. See Sessler's Soapbox.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming