OR  

Another Oblivion vs Morrowind Thread

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Another Oblivion vs Morrowind Thread

Postby The Ninja » August 28th, 2011, 9:26 pm

But it has potential! If you used it like Jason Bourne does. I don't like boxing, which is what it is, but countering and taking ful knees to the face is technically hand-to-hand. That's what I want to do. Incoming punch, parry it, follow through to knee the stomach, flip target onto back, chop throat. Done... That can be used for stealth-like situations also.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby redguard_master » August 29th, 2011, 6:23 am

too bad that potential isn't going anywhere in skyrim lol. But to get back to the topic I actually didn't like the hand-holding oblivion had. Oblivion basically had a gps lead you around. I also prefered the no levelling adjustment. It was neat dominating some kwama then walking across the road and being bent over by some daedra.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » August 29th, 2011, 9:40 pm

redguard_master wrote:It was neat dominating some kwama then walking across the road and being bent over by some daedra.

Ahhhh.. Gooooood times.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby altmer_monk_0 » October 7th, 2011, 12:40 am

redguard_master wrote:They dropped hand to hand I know and I think alteration. I can see hand to hand, it has always been the poor man of the combat techniques.

i always liked hand to hand. it makes me feel more powerful as im crushing some poor persons face with my awesome fists
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Postby The Ninja » October 8th, 2011, 5:30 am

altmer_monk_0 wrote:
redguard_master wrote:They dropped hand to hand I know and I think alteration. I can see hand to hand, it has always been the poor man of the combat techniques.

i always liked hand to hand. it makes me feel more powerful as im crushing some poor persons face with my awesome fists

I REALLY like "hand-to-hand."

What Oblivion had, WAS NOT Hand-to-hand. It was BOXING.

Go watch the Bourne Trilogy. You'll see some great hand-to-hand stuff there. Grapples, locks, breaking joints, etc. THAT is great, and I'd love to be able to do some of that as my virtual self, and not just as my real self.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby altmer_monk_0 » October 29th, 2011, 4:20 am

i wish you could kick in oblivion. that should be added to skyrim, do you know how hard it is being in a pub brawl and not being able to kick someone that is on the ground?
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Postby The Ninja » October 29th, 2011, 11:07 am

Nothing has been seen of confirmed about kicking...
The Ninja
Squire

Previous

Return to Oblivion Discussion