OR  

The Hero of Morrowind and Oblivion

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

The Hero of Morrowind and Oblivion

Postby oxbutcherox » April 18th, 2009, 9:27 pm

let me explain,i made an rumors that the hero of morrowind and oblivion are the same cause when you end morrowind(not a spoiler)if the hero leave morrowind then come to the cyrodill island,got arrested by some guard then go to jail and now oblivion start...

In simple words:the hero of morrowind came to cyrodill and got arrested by some guard and now oblivion story start..

That would be nice if we got the same hero as morrowind.Well just an rumors

If you want more details just make a message cause i know i didnt explain it well

good day :D P S:this is only a rumors i made(well i dont know if it exist already)but i only say it would be nice if the two story got the same hero it didnt change anything in gameplay or not but we would know where the hero come from :D(this is only a suggestion)
Elder Scrolls V is coming :)
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Re: The Hero of Morrowind and Oblivion

Postby Legolastom » April 19th, 2009, 8:43 am

I think some people would realize if you were the Nerevarine, also there are rumours in-game (Important that in-game thing) that the Nerevarine set off to Akavir.

And Bethesda will never give these character backstory because they don't have backstory because they are not characters. In-game they are the character you created and in the lore they are names to put on the deeds your character done.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby oxbutcherox » April 19th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Yeah but that why i just think the hero can be the morrowind hero cause bethesda say nothing about them but we dont know how they appear in jail or in morrowind how they appear in a boat,anyway your right its only a char you create but i was only thinking about the same hero in both game
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby Legolastom » April 19th, 2009, 5:32 pm

The whole point is the character has no life before Jail or the boat, as that is filled in by the person playing him.
Last edited by Legolastom on April 20th, 2009, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Tom » April 19th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Legolastom wrote:The whole point is the character has no life before Jail or the boat, as that is filled in my the person playing him.

That's part of what makes the game so personal - you get to fully control your character.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby oxbutcherox » April 19th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Ya but i dont know if its was more funny if we know where your char come from or not cause we would know why he went into jail or why he here anyway that my opinion but it funny same if we dont know his story.
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby Tom » April 19th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Well, remember that when you are in jail at the beginning of Oblivion and Uriel Septim comes into your jail cell, one of the things you can ask him is "Why am I in jail?" And, he tells you that he doesn't know why you're in jail, but he feels that the gods led you to be put in jail so that you could meet him and what he saw in his dreams could come true. That's why he recognizes your face when he first sees you in jail. That's something to think about.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 20th, 2009, 4:16 pm

The Nerevarine and the Champion of Cyrodiil are not the same person. There is a tradition that every character of previous games must disappear in some way, that has been continued with Oblivion (you get to mantle Sheogorath).

And Modryn Oreyn, in a Fighter's Guild quest, says that the helm he gives to you was handed to him by a stranger from Morrowind. There is a quest in Morrowind where the Nerevarine retrieves the helm. Either Modryn Oreyn has amnesia, or the two characters are different ;)
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97

Postby oxbutcherox » April 20th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Ya your right but im still thinking about the history of your char(if he have one),When The Elders Scrolls:V will be released,i dont know where you char will appear then,like in a house?
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 20th, 2009, 4:22 pm

Probably in a remote village in Skyrim, like the houses of a glacier tribal chief. That's where speculation and the few hints we have, lead, anyway.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion